Re: Welcome to the new Forno Bravo Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't mean to step on anybody , has anyone considered placing a well insulated vent trap door on the side of the oven outside with a control lever in the kitchen to open and close it for air flow? just thinking of a solution to the air flow problem:

Comment

The problem with air intakes adjacent to the oven opening is that the airflow will tend to blow ash around and onto the pizza. Hence, my suggestion to put it on the other side of the kitchen. It should have the cut-off you suggest, though.
      My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

I opened a window when i fired last week and still got smoke when the fire got nice and large. I have contacted the place I pruchased it from. He thinks I need to call someone like an HVAC person who can look at the flue construction. I did make pizza although the dome was only half white. I will keep you posted as to my progress. thanks

Comment

The vent outside would only be used on initial firing when there is a lot of smoke,and closing the opening to the kitchen this would require a door and when cooking the outside vent would be closed and the kitchen open.

Comment

Working...
          X