hearth heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hearth heat

Geting good heat from the dome but not great on the floor. It seems as if the heat from the dome is not getting to the floor even with good ratio's 65% and 20" ceiling height.

Steve

Steve,
    How many fires have you had? It can take a number of fires, even after you have done the curing (a series of small, then growing fires that dry the oven out) to really get the oven dry to where it heats up really well and holds heat well.

Give it some time, and it will keep getting better.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

heat

Thanks James. Yeh just my first fire. i started it up front then moved it back. Speaking of which do you use any sort of support under your wood to get air under the wood?

Steve

Comment

Log holder

Good question. I have started using a small log holder that we are now carrying in the Forno Bravo Store. It's a nice little curved metal log holder that fits well in a residential size oven. It's about 12" long and costs $25.

The link is here:

http://fornobravo.com/store/product....cat=249&page=1

It works well.
        James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Does your hearth brick rest directly on an insulation layer or on a hearth slab? Just curious.

Drake
          My Oven Thread:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

hearth slab or insulation layer

Unfortunatley I think its probably right on the slab. He also mortared the joints instead of floating the hearth to allow for thermal expansion. I questioned him about this and he told me this was the way he made his ovens. Will this be a minor problem or a major problem down the road.

Steve

Comment

Working...
            X