Oh my crack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my crack!

Well, I hope it isn't as bad as it looks to me, but I wanted to request the help from you guys who have more experience. What steps should I take? As you can tell, it runs upwards about three rows of bricks and there is a bigger hole at the bottom. As a newbie this is definitely what i was trying to avoid...

Re: Oh my crack!

What crack?
    That's definitely nothing to worry about. Normal expansion of your dome.

Your dome looks great. Press on and make pizza!
    Ken H. - Kentucky
    42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
    Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

I agree with Ken. As a side note, when you build your next oven, try to keep the bricks off bond - it helps.

Les...
      Check out my pictures here:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

I will third this motion...no worries.
        Les makes a good point, a little extra care should be taken to make sure that your vertical joints do not line up from one course to the next - off bond, as a true mason would say.

RT

Comment

What crack ???? looks like normal joint expansion to me.. Enjoy your oven, there may be more so dont worry about it.. It sure it wont affect the flavor of your pizza..

Comment

Les and RT,

Thanks for the advice. I will keep that in mind. In some ways, I want to tear this one down already and rebuild, just to do it completely right, but I will wait for necessity to call. thanks! I'll be deep into making pizzas tomorrow.

RJ

Comment

Don't let it bother you too much RJ. Most of us would probably like to do it again. And a few of us do. But we also enjoy the heck out of the oven we have - even with their "unique" features (such as cracks, uneven hearths, occasional wetness, etc.).

Bake On!
              Jay

Comment

Working...
              X