Wood Oven Stocking Stuffers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood Oven Stocking Stuffers

I couple inexpensive tools that I end up using quite a bit to manage my oven are:
    1. Flat aluminum bar with a hole to hang it up for poking at the fire
    2. Air Grill crank bellows for when I forget to tend the fire and it needs to be revived
    3. Battery powered gooseneck BBQ light that clamps on the hearth and lets me see inside
    4. Good quality garden sprayer for bread baking steam

Re: Wood Oven Stocking Stuffers

A custom made peel in stainless steel, nice rosewood handle with brass ferrule...

I have a friend with an engineering shop to volunteer for the fabrication of this collectors item!!!

Rossco
    / Rossco

Comment

"Battery powered gooseneck BBQ light that clamps on the hearth and lets me see inside "

I have one of these. Mine has magnets in the base as well as the clamp and it is handy, however, beware radiant heat. I had the goosehead cranked around in front of the entrance (where one needs it) and the plastic lens/LED cover melted from the radiant heat. The unit still works, only I move the gooseneck head out of the direct path when it is not needed.

Wiley

Comment

They aren't cheap, but the halogen task lights for machine tools are moisture and heat resistant.

My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

For those on a budget here's the one I have. It's seen use since I bought it last year and is still running on the original set of batteries:

Walmart.com: Barbecue Grill Light: Grills & Outdoor Cooking

Hope this helps,
          Wiley

Comment

I want a Home Depot or Lowes gift card,, so in the spring, I can start building my roof over the oven,,,, I still havent decided on a "floor" ie; Pavers, river rock, concrete, etc

Cheers
            Mark

Comment

Working...
            X