X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• krosskraft
    replied
    Re: Burned pizza?

It sounds to me like the fire is too hot. I had trouble with charring and I found that if I let the fire just sit for about 15 minutes it evened the temp. My temps get up to 1000 and my pizzas cook best around 750. If the temp is not high enough you may have cooked tops with gooey centers. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• DrakeRemoray
    replied
    Re: Burned pizza?

Some flour will always burn and you do want SOME char on your crust...

Are you using a lot of olive oil, or any sugar in your dough? These items help pizza crust brown in a regular oven, but are not really needed (though i use some olive oil) in a wood fired crust...

When I dump a pizza on the cooking floor, I generally scrape it out with the peel, then let it just burn off, hit it with the scraper side of my brush, then go again. It does slow everything down and cool the oven off a bit...

Drake

Leave a comment:

• donna s
    started a topic Burned pizza?

Burned pizza?

Sometimes I have a problem where the pizza crust burns on the bottom and ruins it. Is this a result of the oven being too hot or I am using the wrong dough? This doesn't happen every time so I am having a hard time identifying where my problem might be. I am also using flour under the dough so that it slides easier off the peel. Could it be the flour?
    Also, what do some of you do when you have a portion of your pizza leak through while cooking and make a mess of the oven floor?:
Working...
X