Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert Oven to Pizza Oven

Hi guys,

Need some help here. I am an owner of a bakery and still hanging on to our dear 2 deck oven which has been good to us for the past 8 yrs.
    My question is, would it be wise to add fire bricks on the bottom part of our oven to sort of convert it into a pizza oven? It is a double deck oven that could fit about 8 baking trays (12" x 16"). The height of the oven (inside) is about 15 inches.

I know someone who supplies fire bricks here and suggested me to also purchase a bag of mortar to stick the bricks together. They would also be installing a steel chassis underneath to support the weight of the
    bricks.

Would it make sense to install the bricks on the bottom part of the oven and pave the top with mortar just to make it smooth once I start baking pizzas like on a pizza stone? My concern is that the bricks may not be leveled and my pizza peel may damage the bricks eventually.

Some have suggested to just place the pizza on a steel pan during baking. But I still prefer to place it on top of the bricks. Currently my oven can only go up to 550 degrees Fahrenheit. I also hope the fire bricks would help increase the temperature as well . Thank you very much!
Working...
X