Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

metal frame advice ( jamie olivers oven)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metal frame advice ( jamie olivers oven)

hello , hoping someone has some advice on this, i am mid build on a jamie oliver replica oven , as you know the chimney on jamies oven exits through the middle centre of the oven for aesthetics i have a mill stone wheel of 102kg and twisted brickwork chimney and top out stones to support . i have had a steel frame made that will support this , i am slightley concerned about the expansion of the steel ? to counter any cracking of the finished render ( slightly different finish to jamies) i was going to wrap this entire metal frame in insulation blanket or thin insulation boards prior to building up the outer dome with a vermiculite inner and eventually a normal sand and cement render with pigment added with reinforcement fibres ,this will of course encapsulate inner done and the metal frame , hoping someone has done something along the same lines

ps: take no notice of the brick packers under the metal frame in the picture as i have yet to weld another section on to get it to the correct height
    Click image for larger version

Name:	pizza 1.jpg
Views:	528
Size:	759.2 KB
ID:	421529 Click image for larger version

Name:	pizza 2.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	781.0 KB
ID:	421530 Click image for larger version

Name:	jamie oven.png
Views:	244
Size:	46.3 KB