Round roof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round roof

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8872.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	577.9 KB ID:	458810

I’m still in the planning stages and am trying to come up with a game plan for an enclosure. I live in southern New England (USA), so rain and freeze/thaw are a thing I will have to deal with. My planned location prohibits building a permanent structure over the oven. I really like the idea of the structure being round, since the oven is also round.

I found the attached image on Facebook with the #fornobravo. I like this look and am wondering if anyone has thoughts on what the structure under that roof looks like?

Does anyone have any suggestions on building techniques or material suggestions on achieving a round roof for my enclosure? I’m considering galvanized steel studs for the sides and something like an octagonal roof structure also from steel studs, building up the shape with a bunch of perlcrete, or even concrete/block walls with roof structure on top of that. For roof materials, I’m considering slate, asphalt shingles, cedar shakes, or even precast concrete segments that are sealed like a concrete countertop. I have read through a bunch of build threads, but haven’t come across one that has a round enclosure… can anyone point me towards one if I missed it?

Thanks,
    Josh

That round design sounds awesome! For a round roof, you might want to consider using a steel frame with curved trusses—like a geodesic dome. It’s sturdy and can handle weather changes well. Perlcrete is a solid choice for covering it; it’s lightweight and insulates nicely. Slate or cedar shakes would give you a nice finish and durability. As for finding similar builds, try checking out forums or DIY sites for custom pizza oven enclosures. You might find some similar round designs that could inspire you!

Comment

Working...
    X