32824 ORLANDO, FL
    (407) 438-1288

Leave a comment:

• MSoucy
    replied
    Re: Looking for WFO Supplies in Florida

Originally posted by gbcallaway View Post
    MSoucy,

I'm not familiar with the foamglass you mentioned. How is that compared to the calcium silicate board? Whats the name of the company that carries this product?

Greg
    Foamglass is a rigid spun glass board - it's not widely used in WFO construction, but a few members have used it with great results. I'll look up the name of the manufacturer when I get home from work.

Leave a comment:

• MSoucy
    replied

Greg,

Linda is a gem!

Just an FYI -I plan to make homebrew mortar - the HeatStop is a fortune - you will probably need about 3 bags of it

All the best,

Mike

Leave a comment:

• gbcallaway
    replied

MSoucy,

Yes sir, Linda from Cemex was very nice and helpful. Plus, they have the lowest price out of all the suppliers I called. I will most likely wind up buying some of my stuff from them (i.e. Heat Stop 50) but still shopping around.

I'm not familiar with the foamglass you mentioned. How is that compared to the calcium silicate board? Whats the name of the company that carries this product?

Thanks for responding and good luck with your build!

Greg

Leave a comment:

• MSoucy
    replied

Originally posted by gbcallaway View Post
    Hello All,

I live in Orlando, Fl and have been calling around trying to find the larger firebricks that a majority of the people on this forum are using for their build. I can only seem to find the 9x4x2-1/4. Plus, looking around for a retailer that carries Super Isol (calcium silicate insulating board). Trying to decide between vermiculite/concrete or just insulating board for under my cooking floor. People seem to be going with the insulating board.

So, could anyone provide some retailers in and around Orlando or in the State of Florida that carry the larger fire bricks and insulating board?

Thanks in advance!
    Greg
    Greg - Cemex on Forsythe has the smaller firebricks. They do not carry the full sized bricks, I tried to get them from Harwood bricks in Longwood as well and they were not able to get the full sized bricks. I just bought the smaller bricks.

I have had trouble locating CalSil board but did find a company in Tampa that makes foamglass and I am probably ordering some soon - they will sell 4 inch thick, 18 x 24 inch blocks for ~$90 a box - they claim it covers 15 sq/ft
    Last edited by MSoucy; 05-16-2013, 10:11 AM. Reason: spelling :)

Leave a comment:

• gbcallaway
    started a topic Looking for WFO Supplies in Florida

Looking for WFO Supplies in Florida

Hello All,

I live in Orlando, Fl and have been calling around trying to find the larger firebricks that a majority of the people on this forum are using for their build. I can only seem to find the 9x4x2-1/4. Plus, looking around for a retailer that carries Super Isol (calcium silicate insulating board). Trying to decide between vermiculite/concrete or just insulating board for under my cooking floor. People seem to be going with the insulating board.

So, could anyone provide some retailers in and around Orlando or in the State of Florida that carry the larger fire bricks and insulating board?

Thanks in advance!
    Greg
Working...
X