oversize hearth for Casa 110....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oversize hearth for Casa 110....

I went ahead with a full size 69 w x 76 d block base for my hearth in case I decided to build a Pompeii brick by brick. Lacking the patience and anyone to help me build, I have decided on a Casa 110. The casa is 48" w x 54 d. I will build a full enclosure around the oven with steel stud, hardiboard and matching stone.

My questions are -

1. The casa depth includes the hearth but I cannot tell from the specs if it extends beyond the covered landing of the oven (I dont think it does).

2. If it does not, I have a stand that is 76" deep. The oven is 54" + 8-10" rear for insulation + 3 1/2 metal stud rear + 1/2" hardi = 66-68
    ". Am I correct that I dont need to add any distance to the front since the metal studs will sit flush with the opening? If so and I push the oven all the way to the rear and make it flush with the base that will give me a landing outside of the vent of 8-10" deep.

3. On the width, oven is 48" and stand is 69". Do I add 10" total width for insulation + 8" total metal stud/hardi both sides = 66. With 69" total, I think I will pull the metal studs out all the way flush with the base.

4. I have a 4 block high base and I am going to do a 4" pour w/rebar on top of the hearth followed by a 4" vermic/cement pour + 2" insulation board + 2" floor = 44". If I want a few more inches of height should I increase the 4" rebar pour or the vermic/cement pour? Obviously I would rather increase the vermic pour to say 7 or 8".....(Note that I plan to recess the vermic pour so that my metal studs sit on the rebar pour.
Working...
X