X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lotus19
    replied
    Originally posted by Lotus19 View Post
    Anyone know any good polypropylene burnout fiber suppliers in the states?
    Bueller... Bueller... I have all my ingredients to cast my dome this weekend, except for the thin poly fibers. Can anyone provide me with a source, or are they really that necessary?

Thanks,

Joe

Leave a comment:

• Lotus19
    replied
    Anyone know any good polypropylene burnout fiber suppliers in the states?

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied
    I’d be removing the form work after a couple of days. If left too long sometimes the formwork doesn’t come away from the casting cleanly.

Leave a comment:

• Lotus19
    replied
    Thanks, David. Temps for the next week are in the high 70's, so not too concerned about it drying too fast. I'll leave it uncovered...

Should I keep it in the form the entire time?

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied
    I guess it depends a bit on your weather, but as there is so much free water left in the vermicrete the risk of it drying out too fast is limited. Give it plenty of time to dry out though and cover it if it looks like rain.

Leave a comment:

• Lotus19
    replied

Decided to scrap the CaSil board, and went with 4" of Vermiculite (5:1). Keep covered or uncovered for the next week? I've read both... Thanks!
    Last edited by Lotus19; 08-22-2022, 02:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B
    replied
    Hello fello PNW'er. Your stand is looking good! I'll be following your build.

Jeff in Gig Harbor

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    Check with or PM JR Pizza or Deejayho both are from the Seattle area on CaSi source.

Leave a comment:

• Lotus19
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220528_215610616.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	795.9 KB
ID:	448119 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220604_020154570.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	899.1 KB
ID:	448120

Leave a comment:

• Lotus19
    started a topic PNW Pizza

PNW Pizza

Hi all! Just wanted to introduce myself and say what a great forum this is. So many great builds, with tons of helpful tips and tricks. I've attached some pics of my build.

I'm in Kingston, WA and am currently building a 32" oven. Plan on doing the tried and true homebrew cast over sand method. Using weep holes, a layer of mosaic tiles, 2" calsil and 2.5" firebrick puts my oven floor right at 50", which feels good to me (I'm 6'2").

I have my floor bricks, but I'm having a heck of a time finding 2" calsil board. I don't really want to do 4" of vermiculite, because that will make my floor height a bit too tall. I tried contacting DI, but no response. Anyone know of a local supplier?

Thanks, Joe

Attached Files
Working...
X