If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
I poured every core and the hearth at the same time. You might find that the cost to fill every core is the same as skiping every other one by the time you pay for the truck. Check your bracing and check it again to verify that it's ready to go.
This is my plan too. I've got about 20' of a retaining wall to fill & cap at the same time for about a cubic yard of concrete total. I'm hoping on "renting" 3-4 college kids w/wheelbarrows for the pour.
I can't see any problems at all. In fact you would need to fill your blocks before you covered them with your hearth slab anyway, or once boxed up, the concrete would run down through your blocks as the concrete was laid on to for the slab.
I poured every core and the hearth at the same time. You might find that the cost to fill every core is the same as skiping every other one by the time you pay for the truck. Check your bracing and check it again to verify that it's ready to go.
I just started making the block stand and decided to have a truck pour the hearth slab rather than buy and mix the concrete myself. Can I have them fill every other block hole (with rebar in it) at the same time? The plans say to do the latter first, then pour the slab, but is there a problem with doing it all at once? It would save me some wear and tear on my back.
Leave a comment: