New Build - St. John's, Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Build - St. John's, Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada

I've taken a lot from this forum (thank you everyone), so i thought it was only right that I give a little something back. Unfortunately not money but some shared experience that might help someone.

This (https://www.facebook.com/Outdoor-Piz...6121606034425/ ) is a link to my Facebook page with pics of my work. Hopefully something there is helpful. I consulted this forum on a consistent basis and followed to plans - give or take - for the 36" Pompey oven. I still have some cosmetic work to do, but the oven works very well and we have already had wonderful experiences with bread, pizza, meat, etc.

I haven't done much brick work in the past, so this was new to me. i have done plenty of construction work, tiling, etc., so using the tools was straightforward. However, the most challenging part of building the oven was getting the materials at an affordable price, considering I live on an island in the North Atlantic! Fortunately, with a little research and some creative importing, it all came together. Another challenge of a cold climate, of course, is dealing with the temperature ranges. I've decided to install a lamp in the oven while I'm away to keep some heat in.

Good luck with your builds!
    Trevor
Working...
X