Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

40" Pompeii Style completed in England

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kvanbael
    replied
    That link worked fine. Thank you. You built a red brick dome over the firebrick dome. Is that for extra heat capacity?

    Leave a comment:


  • Wickolad
    replied
    Originally posted by Kvanbael View Post
    The build looks really nice. You mentioned a full build photo album. I'd love to see it.
    Hi Kvanbael, I think I may have sorted it. Set up an album on Google photos.
    Heres the link... hopefully.



    Best wishes,
    Lance.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wickolad
    replied
    Originally posted by Kvanbael View Post
    The build looks really nice. You mentioned a full build photo album. I'd love to see it.
    Thank you Kvanbael, I shall look into creating a usable album from the 190+ pictures I have stored on my phone. I believe I can load these on to a storage platform and add the link to my post. However, its something I've never done before and have zero knowledge of so will have to seek advice. I'll update you when sorted.
    Best wishes,
    Lance.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kvanbael
    replied
    The build looks really nice. You mentioned a full build photo album. I'd love to see it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wickolad
    replied
    Originally posted by mongota View Post
    Such a lovely build!

    If the food tastes half as good as the oven looks, you'll create some very fine meals in that WFO.

    Nicely crafted.
    Thank you so much Mongo, coming from you that means a great deal to me.
    During the course of research on this forum, I had viewed your very own well catalogued and beautiful build with interest. Loving the backdrop of your fantastic pool patio area.
    It was in fact your stone clad dome that inspired me to use the granite tile on my own build. I had wanted more than a painted screed finish and your efforts helped me greatly so I thank you so much for that.
    Best wishes,
    Lance.

    Leave a comment:


  • mongota
    replied
    Such a lovely build!

    If the food tastes half as good as the oven looks, you'll create some very fine meals in that WFO.

    Nicely crafted.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wickolad
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris inPA View Post
    Although I'm clearly not the expert, perhaps you should have done the curing fires BEFORE the final render.
    Hi Chris, thank you for your kind comments.
    I totally agree about the curing prior to final render, unfortunately the good old British weather couldn't be relied upon to stay dry for more than a couple days at a time.
    I had picked up on a good tip on this forum to install a steam / vapour vent from the dome insulation through the render coats and finish. I therefore installed a 2" diameter brass pipe coupling in the top of the roof, I cut sections out of the base of the coupling to ensure free passage of vapour from the insulation bricks into the tube coupling. A screw cap fits on top so I can remove the cap when curing, then replace once done. I can also repeat this procedure after winter to remove any possible damp that may have found its way in.
    I just hope it works, I'll be devastated if not.
    Photo attached of the installed vent.

    Leave a comment:


  • Chris inPA
    replied
    Looks absolutely awesome. Nice clean lines. The black stone really sets off the brick work. Great job.

    Leave a comment:


  • Chris inPA
    replied
    Although I'm clearly not the expert, perhaps you should have done the curing fires BEFORE the final render.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wickolad
    replied
    Here are a couple of extra pictures of the near finished build. I actually have a full album of pictures from start to finish of the project at every stage.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wickolad
    replied
    Thank you Ricky,
    I can't wait, I'm so looking forward to using it. Hopefully steel arrives today, then a week of curing fires and happy days.

    Leave a comment:


  • Chach
    replied
    Good to hear you are happy with your oven. I just made pizza last night and I was like I am so happy I did this. It is such a neat way to cook and it truly is a work of art. I also love the retained heat cooking feature. 24 hrs later and my oven is still 500 degrees.

    Your oven is a beauty enjoy it!

    Ricky

    Leave a comment:


  • Wickolad
    started a topic 40" Pompeii Style completed in England

    40" Pompeii Style completed in England

    Well its been a journey, but worth every cut, scrape and sleepless night wondering how to solve a problem or better an idea.
    other than fabricating the internal and external doors when the steel arrives, the job is done. Thank you for the wealth of information on this site/forum.
    Best wishes,
    Lance.
Working...
X