Re: How to fit in your oven
I struggled with this task too. I could only fit my head and one arm through the oven door. I took two of the four legs off of a table. Put the edge of the table without the legs on the ledge in front of the oven door. I stretched out flat on my back on the table and then pushed one arm and my head through the opening. Talk about a pain in the neck. I ruined a good pair of glasses with all the mortar that fell on my head. Definitely do not want to do this task ever again.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
How to fit in your oven
Collapse
X
-
Re: How to fit in your oven
That is absolutely INSANE!Originally posted by Wiley View PostHere's a pair who could clean or repair a WFO:
Contortionists In a Cube - Jokeroo
Takes a moment to load, but worth the wait.
Bests,
Wiley

Leave a comment:
-
Re: How to fit in your oven
I cleaned up the courses as I went along so there was no clean-up to speak of inside the dome.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: How to fit in your oven
karagie....i think you confusing milimeters with centimeters....2.54 cm per inch and 25.4 mm per inch so 175 mm / 25.4 mm/in is 6.9 inches
Leave a comment:
-
Re: How to fit in your oven
Here's a pair who could clean or repair a WFO:
Contortionists In a Cube - Jokeroo
Takes a moment to load, but worth the wait.
Bests,
Wiley
Leave a comment:
-
Re: How to fit in your oven
according to your first post...you are only 175 mm tall....thats 6.8 inches...so you should fit easily....LOL
I know its a typo.....I am also clostro and had to be pulled out 5 times..and I am 230lbs and 5'-11".....to make it easier take a shop vac and bring the suction hose into the ovenwith you ..it will create a nice fresh air flow into the oven and give you some relieve. if you want to have fun...try turning off the vacuum and see how long it takes you to freak out....thats what happen to me.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: How to fit in your oven
Brickie, that's because we don't have your brick laying skills and had to get inside our ovens to clean off the dags of mortar.Originally posted by brickie in oz View PostI cant work out as to why you would want to have the inside of the oven "clean"..... ?
Leave a comment:
-
Re: How to fit in your oven
As a spelunker who has over the years squeezed through a few cave "mouse holes" that were too tight to get through without exhaling, I know the feeling well, and it is something not easily accepted by one's brain. Because of this, I consider the act of climbing into one's oven to clean it the same as being inserted into a chamber (which I've done also) to have an MRI: piece of cake. At least if I ever got stuck cleaning my oven and there's still a hole on top my wife could hand me a cold one!
Leave a comment:
-
Re: How to fit in your oven
Doug, Your pictures freak me out just looking at them - I am claustrophobic. That's why I went the route I did, no mortar. There was no way I was going to crawl into the hole.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: How to fit in your oven
I cant work out as to why you would want to have the inside of the oven "clean"..... ?Originally posted by Alter ego View Postto clean up the bricks without the outer arch stopping access.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: How to fit in your oven
there was no way in hell my shoulders were fitting through my door
Lucky I cleaned most of it up while there was still a hole.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: How to fit in your oven
I sent my daughter in, child labor laws be damned
Seriously, she was an adult at the time (22) and considerably smaller (OK, skinnier) than dear old dad.
RT
Leave a comment:
-
Re: How to fit in your oven
When I did my oven I did the outer arch and vent after I finished the dome so it was much easier to fit inside the oven to clean up the bricks without the outer arch stopping access.
That said, it was still difficult & uncomfortable!
It's a good looking build Doug.
Leave a comment:





Leave a comment: