Caputo Flour Bag Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Caputo Flour Bag Question

Les, a bit of advice. DO NOT believe it, if at any point, your daughter says she does not want a big wedding.
    For the past 2-3 yrs she told us she did not want to go through all of the frustration and aggrevation of planning a wedding like several of her friends had.
    14 months ago they announced they were getting married and simply wanted a honeymoon wedding - a vacation spot with only the groom's father & brother, my wife & I. I jumped at it, offering all of my points from a major hotel chain to cover air fare and the cost of any of there resort properties. They took me up on the offer and 800,000 points later, they had their dream honeymoon in Hawaii. Great so I thought, my wife and I lost our next big vacation but no wedding costs....whoopy!!!
    Last July, she changed her mind...Dad I want my wedding. Holly Crap, my wife and I had just purchased a new vehicle, invested in a new business venture, and put about $10K into our house. What cash I had was gone......and she wants a wedding in 9 months. There was no fighting this one, my wife was instantly on her side. At the end of March we had a wonderful wedding, they had a great honeymoon, and dad has a maxed out, previously unused equity line to pay off during the next ??? years.

As bummed out as I may sound, I'm really as happy as a pig in shit. My son in law is truly a fantastic gentleman (he definitely makes my daughter a better person).

Good luck with yours

RT

Comment

Re: Caputo Flour Bag Question

Guys:

After nearly a year of seaching and reading how this is "The Holy Grail" of Pizza Flour...I finally got a case of the Chefs Farina in 1Kg Bags. It pretty much was the worse flour I ever used...sticky, gummy, slack and no matter what hydration, how long I autolysed, and how long or short or gentle I mixed it...it pretty much gave a rough dough that tears when stretched and sticks to the peel relentlessly.....This is like repackaged cake flour. I am not impressed. I guess the hastle I went though magnified the disapointment because I have used some disapointing brands in the past year.

I have tried many brands of Tipo 00 flour and by far this was the worse stuff I ever used. As much as I tried to contact Caputo via E-Mail, I have yet to get an answer.

Doing a bit of research I later learned that not all 00 flours are created equal....The ones that are used in Napoli have a fair percentage of American Hard Red Spring Wheat blended in to strengthen them. or the Pizzaolas blend the flour with Farina Manitoba(Hard Red Spring Wheat from the USA). Almost no one uses flour made with 100% Grana Tenero in Europe.

And Yes....its likely easier(and possibly Cheaper..LOL) to buy recreational drugs that to get this flour unless you own a pizzeria.

So To all that have toiled away trying to source this flour.....find a Tipo 00 Flour you are assured to get day in and day out...there are many...Barilla, Divella, San Felice...ect. and blend it yourself with American Flour (KA Sir Lancelot, All Trumps, Pendleton, Bouncer ect). No reason to pay for americian wheat to take a trip to Europe. Its what Pizzareas in Napoli do anyhow.

And Yes...the bag in the pic is from the Caputo "Cheese" Company. Antimo Caputo doesn't own the trademark Caputo in the USA so all their flours bear the Trademark "Napoli" by Molino Di Antimo Caputo.

I am certain there Pizzaria Flours must be great...like the variety they call Rienforzato, which has a Bread Making Index of W300 and a P/L of 0.55....But that stuff is even harder to find.

Comment

Working...
      X