Balsamic Vinegar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balsamic Vinegar

Can someone recommend a good or great balsamic vinegar? There's a multitude of different ones available, but it can get expensive pretty fast trying to find a winner. Thanks!
    Oven Progress
    Bread Photos
    Oven Stand Thread

Re: Balsamic Vinegar

...bump...
    Oven Progress
    Bread Photos
    Oven Stand Thread

Comment

Nobody likes their vinegar??!!
      Oven Progress
      Bread Photos
      Oven Stand Thread

Comment

We are trying (the operative word here is trying) to place an order with a producer in Modena that we bought directly from in Florence. There are import and labeling issues to conquer, but we will get there eventually. These guys have everything from an everyday Balsamico, to the 25 year old Balsamico that drips like honey.

I am not very thrilled with what we have found here; even in the specialty markets.

We are thinking of ordering an every day vinegar and an middle-aged one.

Still, I don't want to over-promise. We are working on it!
        James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Slowly but surely, we will get there. We have placed our order, and the vinegar is on it's way -- pending the nice folks at FDA.

We will be stocking a 4 years Balsamico Riserva, and a 12 year old Balsamico Tradizionale. These are fantastic vinegars. Stay tuned, and we wil let you know as soon as they arrive.

I will start working on the translation of their "how we do it" brochures. Balsamico is one of the really important things.

James
          Pizza Ovens
          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Obviously one of those topics that few people know much about. I remember reading about the aging processes involved in producing great Balsamic V. it Italy. Kind of obscure stuff, like comparing Scotch from different distillers or wine tasting. Without the ability to taste the product and having someone knowledgeable to explain the subtle differences, it's tough to tell the differences without years of exposure.

Somehow, I alway end up buying a Napolean brand, I believe. Not very good. The stuff I have now is worse. I look forward to trying the brands you've found.
            G.

George
            GJBingham
            -----------------------------------
            Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Working...
            X