A pizza which has morel fiber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A pizza which has morel fiber

Sorry for the pun/O'brother movie quote. My son and I went into the woods and discovered 8 black morels I fried 6 (poorly) and placed the rest on a pizza. They were tasty, Sorry I didnt get an after/bake pic.

Re: A pizza which has morel fiber

Oh, I also put jalapenios on that one (figured on going all out) P.S. on another note does everyone else put the cheese under the veggies on a supreme? I find it roasts the vegetables to perfection.

Comment

You're still POing me with the morel pics. I'm so jealous! Nice pizza though!
      GJBingham
      -----------------------------------
      Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

This is a great year for the elusive morels. In fact, everything seems to be blooming more abundantly than in years past. The other day, a friend of mine opened up a plastic grocery bag to show me the most beautiful morels I've ever seen. And the most wonderful earthy aroma!
        ........Gopher?

Comment

Great pizza.........I wouldn't dream of covering the morels with cheese. Alas ours have now finished..................but they were great while they lasted.........

Comment

Want Morel envy...??

I remodelled (!) our back garden last year, and bought about 2cu yards of chipped bark in as a mulch. About the end of March this year, a small morel appeared.. followed by another... and another !!

We've now picked about 60, and they are still coming - this is in a suburban garden, and 6ft from my back door !! :-)

Cheers

Peter

Comment

Thats a Morel outrage. I'm feeling very Morelly deprived here...

No actually its very very cool. All we get in our garden is dandilions
              "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Dandelion leaves make a great salad - try it instead of rocket !

And I could go on about dandelion root coffee, but it tastes rank... !

Peter

Comment

Nah, don't like dandilions. But I put nettles in my vegetable pies sometimes, will that do?
                  "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

Comment

We have porcini (king bolete) up in the mountains here. I have found a couple, but cannot get the old timers I know to give up their favorite hunting spots (understandably)...
                    My Oven Thread:
                    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Mmmmmm, another awesome shroom. Anybody have a recipe for pasta al' fungi using porcini? Cream based sauce - (another) of my Italian favs.!
                      GJBingham

-

Comment

Is there tell-tale signs to make sure the mushrooms aren't poisonous?
                        I love mushrooms, but wouldn't risk lives on 'em.
                        Orrin Dean

Excuse me. I'm new at this.

Comment

I've been picking mushrooms for years, yet I only pick the ones I can GUARANTEE are safe. I recon there are 5 I can do from sight and smell, and thats it.

First off, get a decent book. Then, find one mushroom, identify it, then give it to someone else and see if they come up with the same.

Second, find someone who knows what they are looking for, and go with them to hunt.

There are very subtle differences between certain mushrooms (look at a chanterelle and a false chanterelle) and sometimes the only way is to see them in the ground and in where they are growing.

Its fun, it can be safe, and there are lots of reasons to make sure you get it right !!

Cheers

Peter

Comment

My wife and I went out to dinner tonight at a local restaraunt where the chef is a friend. He served a dish called Chicken in a Blanket in a farm to market theme, local foods served locally - Braised chicken in a pancake covered in an Oyster mushroom cream sauce. I was put off at first - chicken in a pancake with mushroom sauce? A couple more bites into it, I could hardly stop myself. Really really nice. Incredible earthy tones to the dish. It kind of gave me a primal feel, like my mind instinctively loved this food even though I've never had an Oyster mushroom before. I ate my wife's leftovers as well. The pancake ended up as a complex carb, much like potatoes, no real flavor, just a scaffold for the flavors pollo e fungi! Buonissimo!
                            GJBingham

-

Comment

I Switzerland they have mushroom controllers (?) in many villages, who work for an hour or so on saturday and sunday evenings in autumn, so people who've collected mushrooms can take them along to be checked by an expert. Pretty cool, eh?

Mixed fresh woodland mushrooms, mmmmmmmh....! Nothing quite like it!

Comment

Working...
                              X