replied
    Re: Is there a difference in Caputo 00 flour

Thanks everyone.
    Think I'll buy a few smaller bags

Leave a comment:

• RTflorida
    replied

James, how about a realistic time frame? I understand sales all too well, you don't want to say too much until the deal is done and product is ready to go......but I'm in the same boat as Dave, I can make what I have last a bit longer if necessary -If new and better is coming. I don't want to order a 6 month supply today then kick myself in the butt 3 wks from now when others are exulting the the virtues of the new.

RT

Leave a comment:

• asudavew
    replied

Originally posted by james View Post

The Caputo flour line-up in the U.S. is going to change in the coming weeks -- for the better. We're not ready to spill the story, but it's going to be great.
    James
    I can't wait. I need to order some more!

Leave a comment:

• SpringJim
    replied

Way cool 00

Leave a comment:

• Mountian Mick
    replied

Hi SpringJim

I mill my own flour using a Schnitzer Vario eclictic mill, and add a soft grain mix to it [kibbled wheat, rye, maize, sunflower] , so I end up with unbleached wholewheat multigrain dough mix which make beautiful pizzas,
    I will take a few photos in a week or so and add,

Australia's Kitchen Grain Mill Shop

Here is a photo of how our Grandparents would make flour for pasta and pizza,

Leave a comment:

• SpringJim
    replied

Originally posted by Mountian Mick View Post
    Hi, 00 flour is 00 and yes only the amount changes, 1kg 5kg 10kg 25kg.

I no longer use 00 as I use whole grain flour we like if a lot more than white 00flour, I add more rustic feel to the dough and is nice to eat and is good for me,
    Mick, what are you using for a pizza dough recipe using the whole grain flour?

Leave a comment:

• james
    replied

Hi all,

Caputo makes a wide range of flours, but there are three basic pizza flours. The flour in the small 1 kg blue bag (Ideale per pizze e dolce) is the most general purpose and the lightest. The flour in large 25 kg blue bag is called Pizzeria, and is used "as is" by most pizzerias. It is a little stronger than the flour in the small bag, but as David says -- you really have to be a pro to tell the difference. I have switched back and forth between the two over the years (including in the same night), and they are very similar.

Then, there is Rosso (or Red), which is the strongest of the three. Some pizzerias use it straight and some mix it with a general purpose flour to get a slightly lighter mix. Pizza enthusiasts that have got their hands on Rosso think it's great. Think of the Rosso as a version of the blue Pizzeria flour with just a little more muscle -- a chewier crumb, and a crunchier crust, that still has the incredible extensibility.

The Caputo flour line-up in the U.S. is going to change in the coming weeks -- for the better. We're not ready to spill the story, but it's going to be great.
    James
    Last edited by james; 06-16-2008, 10:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mountian Mick
    replied

Hi, I think you will find that the only real difference is the size a, the 00 flour is mill in the same mill and is bag in 1kg for home use and in 25 kg bag for as it says pizzaria [in English is pizza shop], you will find that all Caputo pizza flour is 11%-12% gluten,that Caputo flour is 100% natural, unlike some other that add bulk geleten to they flour mix. and you will all ways get a little difference in proteins in shipments of heats that arrive at the mill,

Caputo Tipo 00 Flour :: Forno Bravo Store

Here is the add from Caputo Flour 55 :: Caputo Tipo 00 Flour :: Forno Bravo Store
    for the 55Lb [25kg] bags of Caputo Tipo 00 Pizzeria flour.

55lb bag of Caputo Pizzeria flour. The world's best pizza flour, Antico Molino Caputo pizza flour is used to make eight of Peter Reinhart's 12 best pizzas in the world. Produced in Naples for three generations by the Caputo family, Caputo pizza flour is used by most Vera Pizza Napoletana restaurants in Naples, and around the world. Caputo Tipo 00 flour combines an extensible gluten (11.5%), and the perfect balance of a finely ground flour that delivers both a crisp crust and a moist crumb.

and here the add form Caputo Flour 5-Pack :: Caputo Tipo 00 Flour :: Forno Bravo Store

Five pack of 2.2lb bags of Caputo Tipo 00 flour. The world's best pizza flour, Antico Molino Caputo pizza flour is used to make eight of Peter Reinhart's 12 best pizzas in the world. Produced in Naples for three generations by the Caputo family, Caputo pizza flour is used by most Vera Pizza Napoletana restaurants in Naples, and around the world. Caputo Tipo 00 flour combines an extensible gluten (11.5%), and the perfect balance of a finely ground flour that delivers both a crisp crust and a moist crumb.
    both 00 just pack in different size bags. I will stand corrected if I'm wrong,

Leave a comment:

• dmun
    replied

I'll let James have the final word, but I think the 1KG bags have a slightly different blend (protein content) than the 25KG pizzaria flour. I just bought the big bag: what difference there is, is too subtle for me to detect.

25KG is a LOT of flour. I lunch-bagged a refrigerator shelf full of 500g portions, and still had a LOT left, which I am storing in a neighbor's freezer.

Leave a comment:

• Mountian Mick
    replied

Hi, 00 flour is 00 and yes only the amount changes, 1kg 5kg 10kg 25kg.

I no longer use 00 as I use whole grain flour we like if a lot more than white 00flour, I add more rustic feel to the dough and is nice to eat and is good for me,

Leave a comment:

• Beninio
    started a topic Is there a difference in Caputo 00 flour

Is there a difference in Caputo 00 flour

Hi there,

I'm about to buy some flour to make some pizzas and have found a place that sells Caputo 00 flour near where I live. Is there a difference in the 1kg Wheat flour 00 Caputo bag and the 25kg Wheat flour 00 Pizzeria Caputo? (apart from the size).

I bought 4 bags of the 1kg bags a few months ago and they do make a really nice pizza. The description on the caputo website is different for each of the flours. The picture is different on the bags as well.
    Thanks,
    Beninio
Working...
X