True Dedication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Dedication

I hope KiwiPete doesn't mind my posting this. Peter ordered a 55lb bag of Caputo Pizzeria flour for delivery to New Zealand. Caputo doesn't have a distributor there yet, and he really wanted to use it. Needless to say, the shipping cost more than the flour and it will take a while get there, but I think that's great. To me it shows the desire to do things right and not settle for something that isn't what you want.

Molto eccellente.

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Sources

James,

Ran into a source for cheeses, etc., etc., you might want to check out. Go to todarobros.com and have a look at their selection of Italian ingredients. Interesting. Their prices for Marzano tomatoes don't seem outlandish. They've been in business since 1917 in New York.

Jim
    "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Hey Jim,
      You are supposed to buy your San Marzanos from the Forno Bravo Store. :-) Besides, I just checked, and the shipping cost was more than the tomatoes -- some Internet stores do that.

James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Pet peeve with internet stores

And I will name names. Look out for the ones that base the coast of shipping on the price of the item. One of the stores whoe first name is the same as Mr. gates and whose last name is a county in California charges by the price of the item. The wife wanted a fancy dancy toaster that comes from England. The cost is $400. It is a warehouse item only so you can't go to the store to pick it up, you have to mail/email order it. Shipping charges are 10% of the cost of the item. Its total weight was 3 pounds, shipping was $40. Another item that I didn't want but weighed over 100 pounds and came from a European country cost only $100, shipping would have been $10. I ended up going through another company who charged based on weight and destination - fair and equitable.

Comment

San Marzanos

James,

Okay, okay, apologies, mucho. Just a place I found, mostly for cheese. Don't forget, I'm a bread guy, but if I do branch out (vine joke) into pizzas, I'll definitely go to the Forno Bravo store. Might not have to, though, because I live near Toronto, which has the largest Italian population of any city, anywhere, except, I think, Rome. I'll check the stores in Little Italy.

Jim
          "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Working...
          X