Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nourishing Traditions Cookbook

Anyone familiar with this cookbook?

Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats. ...by Sally Fallon, with Mary G. Enig, Ph.D

I found it at a (mainly vegetarian) friends house and the information about fats, carbohydrates, proteins, milk, etc. was quite interesting and informative. Basically very anti-processed foods and contrary to much of the conventional wisdom presented by the food processors and their paid researchers. (like promoting eating grass fed meats, butter, organic vegetables, grains, eggs, etc....by knowing where stuff comes from and how it needs to be prepared!)

I was impressed enough to order copies for each of my kids! It wasn't so much the recipes as the knowledge....at least so far!
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Re: Nourishing Traditions Cookbook

I'll have to look this one up- I have a friend who's had prostate cancer (in his early fifties!) and has been put on a very strict diet to avoid feeding any cancer cells their favorite foods. He has to avoid all processed foods, preservatives, no meat with hormones, etc. Really, it's how we should all be eating, but we don't. It's been a learning experience as far as finding appropriate foods goes.

The more we can all learn about eating better for ourselves and the planet, the better off we ALL are.
    Elizabeth

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...html#post41545

Comment

For a similar and very readable approach, I would recommend the works of Michael Pollan (...........Michael Pollan...........). I just recently finished reding his In Defense of Food (there's a hot link to it on his website) - you may have heard the seven word manifesto of that book: "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." The book details how we have gone from eating "food" - which he defines as stuff your grandmother would recognize - to becoming dependant on food-like industrial products. The section on the rise of nutritionism is a particular eye-opener.
      Un amico degli amici.

Comment

After a little more research I found the following...

WAPF Basics

The author Susan Fallon is now president of the organization.......It's very interesting that Price died the day before Susan was born in the very same hospital!
        Sharing life's positives and loving the slow food lane

Comment

Don't forget about the KEFIR part! My house is being overrun with the little darlings. Almost as bad as Tribles.

Comment

Working...
          X