X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caputo Flour in Perth

Hi everyone,

Great website and forum!

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy Caputo flour in Perth, Western Australia and if so where?

Thanks in advance!
    Piece (of pizza) be with you.

Re: Caputo Flour in Perth

I have been on a quest to find it locally in Perth - no luck unfortunately. I tried Kakulas, Re Store, All about bread and a few others but no one had even heard of it - Sadly!!!

Looks like the only option is to order from Sydney @ $140 /bag if you really want it. I think for now I will just use the Defiance brand Bakers Flour. Have had good results with it and the price is right...

Rossco
    / Rossco

Comment

I went to Rising in the Yeast (Myaree) yesterday and they were very helpful. They did not know about Caputo but said that they would look into sourcing it if possible. If they can get it in i will post.

Cheers

Comment

I chatted to Rod who runs Variety Foods again recently and whilst he is a very big (if not the biggest) supplier of pizza flours in Perth, he reckoned that he can't get hold of it.

This seems to be your only hope in Oz: Flours and Breads | Mulino Caputo | Pizzeria Flour 25kg

I have done a lot of experimenting with local Superb Baker's Flour and I am quite happy using that. No way I will be paying $140 + shipping for Molino Caputo when I can get the same size bag of Superb for $25.
        / Rossco

Comment

I am a Canuck currently visiting your fair country. I was in Woolworths the other day and saw some Molini Fine Italian "00" flour on the shelves there. I have used that brand in Canada and found it to be a good alternative. It is sold in the smaller 1 kg bags.

Rick

Comment

Just bringing back this thread from the depths, anyone in Perth (or Australia for that matter) have any luck sourcing this flour?

I tried to purchase from Lario's but have just been told the stock they have has expired

Comment

I bought a 25 kg bag of Caputo Blue (from over east) and may be able to spare some in you are interested in getting a few kgs. It is by far the best flour for pizzas. If it's good enough for Da Michele in Naples it's good enough for use in Perth ... :-). I'm away at the moment but should be back in Perth by the weekend...
              / Rossco

Comment

Originally posted by evro50 View Post
                I tried to purchase from Lario's but have just been told the stock they have has expired
                My supplier had some expired stock as well and was not sure when they were getting any back in so I bought the expired Caputo flour... I thought if it was properly stored, there should be no problem. It was fine and used up just as the new stock finally came in.

Comment

very generous offer heliman appreciate it, looking to stock up on a decent quantity to tide me over for a few months so hopefully I can source some elsewhere!

I did consider it spunkoid, but I just can't justify paying $140 + postage for flour thats expired!

They did offer the smaller 1kg red bags, but from what I've read here the blue bags are superior?

Comment

Proving hard to find!! Need to jump on a plane to italy!

Comment

Has anyone tried "Lighthouse" brand Pasta Tipo 00 flour. Less than $4 for a kilo.i find diluting it with 20-25% wholemeal flour ( as instructed by pizza chef and owner of our favourite pizza place) produces very acceptable results.

I would still love to try the real thing though.

Comment

I signed up just to post this as this thread came up first in Google for me when I searched for "caputo flour perth". You can get 5kg delivered for a good price from 2brothersfoods: I think it was $17.95/5kg + $5 shipping.
                        Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 09-19-2021, 06:27 PM. Reason: deleted commercial post

Comment

Thanks very much Tren - I have made contact with 2brothers but sadly they’re out of stock. Hopefully they will get more in soon.

Comment

Well at last I managed to locate Molino Caputo as per Tren’s suggestion. As luck would have it, I rang the company and they said stock has just arrived. I jumped online and placed an ordered and collected it a short while ago. Awesome stuff…

On a related note, I have ordered a 10L single speed spiral dough mixer which I will be modding to make it into a variable speed version…
                            Can’t wait to try it all out.
                            It’s been a while since I have made pizzas… but I will rectify that this weekend.
                            / Rossco

Comment

They have it in Costco Perth, I believe it's $13 a bag

Comment

Working...
                              X