Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone heard of this flour?

Locally available in Perth, Australia.

Am trying out the pizza variety right now (but n reading the label it says it is ""0" not "00". The blue in the pic is ""00" but doesn't mention suitability for pizzas so I assume that it is for stuff like pasta. See the label on the "pizza" type in the pic for additional info.

Anyone tried this brand out? I recall using the "00" one a few years ago but don't recall that it produced particularly good results.

It may be worth trying to blend the "00" with other flour like the Baker's flour I have been using to see what sort of results that produces.

Back to the job at hand ...

Rossco
    / Rossco

Re: Anyone heard of this flour?

Hi Rossco!

Try this site. Looks like it has good info. Molini is a respectable manufacturer.
    Italian Flours

Jay

Comment

Interesting - Thanks Jay.

Verdict from tonight's bakeoff using the new Molini pizza flour = prety good. Nice and pliable dough. The big test will happen this weekend in the WFO though..

Rossco
      / Rossco

Comment

I have used both.
        The blue bag 00 is my preference.
        Very soft and easy to work with.

Comment

Thanks Antonio ...

Since this post I found a really great product which I will be using for all of my future pizzas: Weston Milling - Milano Pizza Flour. This is a fantastic product but only available in Australia I believe (where Milano Caputo isn't freely available).

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f10/...able-8162.html
          / Rossco

Comment

Working...
          X