Cheese other than mozzarella

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cheese other than mozzarella

Yeah, we roasted the squash first. Thinly sliced. It really was delicious.

Comment

Roasted squash ought to do well with creme fraiche, or mascarpone also. I keep wanting to add something as a zinger - maybe some candied ginger...

Jay

Comment

splatgirl-

If you think that's funny, check this review.
        http://www.lthforum.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26128

Wherever we go, I actively seek out great pizza. Usually, they do not disappoint. Unfortunately, I had to scald these posers.

Put your mug down...

Comment

I have a package of Trader Joes goat's milk mozzarella in my fridge now that I'm anxious to try.
          Guess Im gonna have to make a run to trader joe,,, that sounds good

Comment

I've been obsessed with this squash recipe I saw a few days ago that was basically just sliced roasted squash dressed with a vinagrette of lime juice, a dab of honey, minced chiles, garlic, evoo, s&p, and chopped cilantro. Trying to decide/figure out if it would work on pizza...maybe with the goat cheese ala papavino? Hot chiles and lime juice on pizza might be pushing it.

re: the goats milk mozz...I have high hopes, as me and fresh cows milk cheeses don't really get along. I used to feel kind of sorry for myself about this when it came to pizza, but it turns out just about anything that's good with mozz is even better with goat cheese. Which makes me wonder about the pizza-worthyness of the drunken goat that is one of my favorite eating cheeses...

Comment

It never hurts to try. Hot chiles and lime might not sound good initially, but they might taste great.
              It almost has a Thai flair with the lime, honey, chile and cilantro.
              Last edited by papavino; 10-10-2009, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Papavino,
                We only use a little fresh mozzarella on a few pizzas. For most pizzas use mix of a 2:1:1 ratio of fontina cheese, domestic kasseri and pecorino (not aged). I buy the cheese bulk at PFI’s and will shred and combine it all into portion containers, then freeze. We have also tried some truffle pecorino on pizza with chanterelle mushrooms (fantastic). Crumbled goat cheese on chicken pesto pizza with artichokes hearts works well. I shall end this now as I am teasing my appetite.
                Cheers,

Comment

Working...
                X