Pepperoni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pepperoni

I would love to be able to find a good online source for salame piccante -- any of the higher end varieties (oh, if only I knew where to go for the calabrese that I had in Vermont at Thansgiving last year). The only thing I can find in my town is Hormel pepperoni and I would love to have a larger salami to slice onto my pizzas. I am having a pizza party next weekend and plan on ordering some flour, some tomatoes, and a new stone from James; but don't know where to go to get the meat. Are there any favorites sources on the net that I should know about? Thanks!

Great question. I have to do some reseach on that one.

Anybody know a good source, either locally or online?
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

pepperoni

My family is from the little italy section of the Bronx, NY. I go there quite often, try www.arthuravenue.com

Comment

Originally posted by tommy5
        My family is from the little italy section of the Bronx, NY. I go there quite often, try www.arthuravenue.com
        That link is awesome! Thank you!

Comment

My italian friend on the east coast also found this link for me:

http://www.vendaravioli.com/?ACT=PR_LIST&CAT=2

Comment

Salami

Lester,

You might want to check out todarobros.com, a NYC company that's been in business for a very long time. Large range of products.

Jim
            "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Originally posted by CanuckJim
              Lester,

You might want to check out todarobros.com, a NYC company that's been in business for a very long time. Large range of products.

Jim
              And another one! Thanks!

Comment

For my first purchase, I bought some of this:

http://www.arthuravenue.com/Dispatch...2&pno=2&pid=18

and some of this:

http://www.arthuravenue.com/Dispatch...2&pno=3&pid=23

Should I have gotten some of the Soprasetta Round or is that too tough for pizza?

Comment

Great service from the Arthur Avenue Italian market. My order arrived today. Not so much with the communications (I didn't get anyting from them saying that it was shipped); but just about the time that I was wondering if they had gotten the order from their website okay, the big brown truck shows up and saves the day. I will definately order from them again.

Comment

There's times when I hate living in Canada... :>

Comment

Arthur Avenue

thanks for the Arthur Avenue web site. Just ordered a selection of sausages and can't wait for their arrival

Comment

Cool. We've become sausage brokers.
                        James
                        Pizza Ovens
                        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Originally posted by james
                          Cool. We've become sausage brokers.
                          James
                          As a professional business consultant and web-entrepreneur, I can see a niche that can be exploited by your online store. A one-stop pizza prep supplier for 'individuals' would be very very welcomed. Sausage is just part of that.

Comment

Hi Lester,

Nice idea. We are offering a range of accessories for home pizza makers at the Forno Bravo Store -- for both pizza stone bakers and pizza oven owners. Pizza ingredients, tools, peels, stones, bakeware, etc. I am always open to recommendations. Take a look at let me know what you would add.

The only thing we are not set up to do in anything perishable. That's why we aren't doing mozzarella -- though I have a few ideas about finding good partners for that part of the pizza.

Let me know what you think!
                            James
                            Pizza Ovens
                            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Originally posted by james
                              Hi Lester,

Nice idea. We are offering a range of accessories for home pizza makers at the Forno Bravo Store -- for both pizza stone bakers and pizza oven owners. Pizza ingredients, tools, peels, stones, bakeware, etc. I am always open to recommendations. Take a look at let me know what you would add.

The only thing we are not set up to do in anything perishable. That's why we aren't doing mozzarella -- though I have a few ideas about finding good partners for that part of the pizza.

Let me know what you think!
                              James
                              Well, let me ask you a few questions then; and feel free to take this to email if you are more comfortable with that.

1. What infrastructure are you lacking to add perishables (like mozzeralla, for example)?

2. How much does adding this infrastructure cost?

3. A thorough analysis of your traffic and your sales could yield a prediction of possible returns for moving into that realm. I can't make those kinds of decisions for you obviously, but I can definately visualize the opportunity. I see it (as I am sure you do). I 'get' it and I think America is ready.

With the right set-up, you could position yourself similar to Howard Shultz (of Starbucks Coffee fame) -- don't be afraid to use his model. He LOVED the cafes and coffee houses that he discovered during his time in Italy and tried to recreate that in the states with his first entrepreurial venture 'Il Giornale'. I am not suggesting that you start pizza restaurants; but you can definately use your vision, your enthusiasm, and your expertise to package this 'taste' and sell it. You are in a similar position to do the same thing as Howard with 'real' (or high-end) pizza, because there is want in the market but it is a hardship for the 'masses' to put all of the pieces together. All that remains for you is to put the rest of the hard to get 'authentic and high-end' ingrediants together for shoppers to 'buy it now'.

Comment

Working...
                              X