Cento dop san marzano tomatoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cento dop san marzano tomatoes

Has anyone tried the Cento brand DOP certifed San Marzano tomatoes?

I just returned from a trip to my local Publix grocery store. I found these tomatoes at $2.99 for a 28oz can. Not a weekly special, or hot buy...they have reduced there "every day" price down from $5.49 a can.
    I am used to paying around $5 a can locally for any DOP tomatoes and about $4 a can from FB as well as a couple of other online sites (plus shipping).

Long story short, I bought 12 cans. Anyone have any feedback on these tomatoes before I go back and buy their entire inventory? I know this must be a pricing error.....Publix is good, but not known for being cheap.

RT

Re: Cento dop san marzano tomatoes

I have not used them myself but a VPN pizzaria here in San Antonio uses them and I thought they were superb some of the best I have tasted. That is a great price!

Jay

Comment

I've used them. I like them just fine. Other than the Delallo ones, they're the only other San Marzanos I can get around here.
      Elizabeth

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...html#post41545

Comment

We buy the Cento DOP San Marzanos here in RI at Price Right for $2.39 each and they are GREAT!! Other brands around here are $4 - $5 per can.
        Check out our blog for a glimpse into our hobbies of home brewing, soda, beer and wine, gardening and most of all cooking in our WFO!

http://thereddragoncafe.blogspot.com/

Comment

We get them around $4 a can in Tallahassee. I love them. Did a taste test tonight with Muir Glen organic vs. the Cento DOP San Marzano and it was amazing. The Cento tastes like the Platonic Ideal of a tomato. The Muir Glen (which I cook with all the time) tasted metallic in comparison.

Stan

Comment

Working...
          X