Pizzeria Bianco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizzeria Bianco

Had my first taste, just on Tue and it was quite good. The crust was perfect, light, thin, and the perfect crunch. It was really good but....with all the hype and the wait I guess I was expecting more. Most of the pies we ate were "white", not a lot of sauce on any of them. The sonny boy being my favorite. the rosa was good, and the arugala on the biancoverde had a weird flavor for me but the people I was eating with really liked that one.

Also, they drop the pizza's just inside the oven briefly (like 30 sec) and then push them further in. Not sure what this technique adds to the crust but going to try on the next firing. Anyone have ideas on this move?

So... it must have been pretty good cause were going back in 2 weeks.

A must stop in PHX.

Re: Pizzeria Bianco

I have yet to make it down there, but my attorney tells me it is a great place for pizza! Challenge is their hours and the line.
    Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

C5, you should at least try it.

We did wait 90 min but....They are now open for lunch too . We left at 900p and the wait was still an hour.

My next pizzas will be a bit thinner and way less on top.

Comment

Originally posted by seank View Post
        Also, they drop the pizza's just inside the oven briefly (like 30 sec) and then push them further in. Not sure what this technique adds to the crust but going to try on the next firing. Anyone have ideas on this move?
        Seank,

Not sure about the move, but working with a hot WFO to drop a pie at the back, you'd have to slide it in on a long wooden peel (unless you're elastic man and burn proof)... This takes time and his pizzeria is busy to say the least.

I've seen Chris make them on short peels (easiest move). Making them on long peels is not practical; and dragging the pie from marble to peel (as in Naples) is not for a very wet dough.

I guess it's the only way he can make them on short wooden peels and then move them in with the turning peel (once the bottom has set)... Although I am going out on a limb here.

Any other thoughts?

Tenorio
        May your Margheritas be always light and fluffy.

Comment

Went there on a Thursday for lunch. Arrived 10 minutes before it opened and were first in and first served. Tried 4 different pies. Far and away, the Margherita was not only the best but deserving of all the hype Bianco's receives.

Anytime I am in Phoenix, I WILL go...worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by Tenorio74 View Post
            Seank,

Not sure about the move, but working with a hot WFO to drop a pie at the back, you'd have to slide it in on a long wooden peel (unless you're elastic man and burn proof)... This takes time and his pizzeria is busy to say the least.

I've seen Chris make them on short peels (easiest move). Making them on long peels is not practical; and dragging the pie from marble to peel (as in Naples) is not for a very wet dough.

I guess it's the only way he can make them on short wooden peels and then move them in with the turning peel (once the bottom has set)... Although I am going out on a limb here.

Any other thoughts?

Tenorio
            My guess would be he is trying to use the colder hearth at the mouth of the oven to slightly extend the bake time to match his goal of a drier crisper more american style pizza.

Comment

Working...
            X