The Woodlands (North Houston)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Woodlands (North Houston)

I am staying there a few days for business, can anyone recommended a WFO pizza joint near there? I would like to compare my pizzas with that of a "pro" and maybe pick their brain a little.

Re: The Woodlands (North Houston)

Originally posted by JoeyVelderrain View Post
    I am staying there a few days for business, can anyone recommended a WFO pizza joint near there? I would like to compare my pizzas with that of a "pro" and maybe pick their brain a little.
    There is Grimaldi's coal fired pizza at the Waterway. Also at the waterway (across the street) is Goose's Acre pub which has wood fired pizza. That's all I can think of - pizza choices here aren't very good.

Comment

Originally posted by ebbro View Post
      There is Grimaldi's coal fired pizza at the Waterway. Also at the waterway (across the street) is Goose's Acre pub which has wood fired pizza. That's all I can think of - pizza choices here aren't very good.
      I'll check them out, thanks!

Comment

Feedback on Grimaldis...not going to be positive I'm afraid.

We waited for 45 minutes, checked with the hostess and she had "mistakenly" skipped us twice. So I decided, effit, I'll just get a pie to go, so they sent me to the server taking care of the br's food and placed my order, guess what, that was only a 35 minute wait.
        After all that I thought to myself "self, the pizza will be worth it, hang in there".
        BUT the pizza was NOT worth it! the cheese was fake, plasticky crap, the dough was gross and the pie was just ...bland. the only good thing was the price was affordable. A large pie was like $16 bucks for a large. To summarize, I wouldn't go back and my pizza is waaay better. :-)

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I didn't mean to imply either of my suggestions were good, just that they were the only wood/ coal fired pizza places I knew of. I haven't tried Grimaldi's and I'm not sure I will. Restaruants on the Waterway tend to be overpriced, corporate places. Since I wrote I've heard of a new place in the area that everyone says is "the best" - it's called Crust. Not sure if it's wood fired or not. Hope your visit was good otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by ebbro View Post
            Sorry to hear that. I didn't mean to imply either of my suggestions were good, just that they were the only wood/ coal fired pizza places I knew of. I haven't tried Grimaldi's and I'm not sure I will. Restaruants on the Waterway tend to be overpriced, corporate places. Since I wrote I've heard of a new place in the area that everyone says is "the best" - it's called Crust. Not sure if it's wood fired or not. Hope your visit was good otherwise.
            Oh no problem, thanks for the info, I'm glad we went. We had a good time there, the area is really nice and the weather was great, had a cool breeze blowing all evening, wife enjoyed the evening.

cheers.

Comment

Working...
            X