Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pieous, Austin Texas (Dripping Springs, actually)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pieous, Austin Texas (Dripping Springs, actually)

About half way to Dripping Springs in the old Cartwright BBQ building, A gentleman named Josh and his wife Paige have opened a great little restaurant. His background is as a bread and pie baker, and he does that too, great boules of sourdough bread and a variety of desert pies. He also smokes pastrami in-store to put on that bread, and it is out of this world.

The primary focus is WFO pizza, however, and he has a Forno Bravo mounted front and center of the small space (that he rebuilt from scratch himself after gutting the old BBQ joint). He pulls his fresh mozzarella daily, hell everything is fresh and made in house. I have had the pleasure of eating there a couple of times, and both times were outstanding.

Go early, because he is making the dough by hand and when it is gone, it is gone for the day (same with the pastrami).

https://www.facebook.com/Pieous?ref=ts&fref=ts

Pizza pics:

first: Hot soppresetta, onions, calibrian chili oil
    second: Hot soppresetta, pepperoni, Italian sausage

Re: Pieous, Austin Texas (Dripping Springs, actually)

I'm glad he's doing well.
    Last edited by Mudologist; 03-06-2013, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Glad to hear about that TS. Will have to make a pilgrimage!

Comment

There is also a place in Austin, called Cherry St., that recently opened , and they are hands down fantastic! They run their oven hot, 900+, and the pies are both crispy and chewy.., perfect. Everything is fresh, homemade gnucci, I was there Friday and had mussels swimming in a spicy broth served with warm focacia bread, that was so good it changed my hand writing!
        Last edited by Mudologist; 03-04-2013, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Sweet where are they, on Cherry street?

Comment

Cherry st is at 1612 Lavaca.., it's the old Hog Island deli. The owners teamed up with the people at Peche. It's small but with great food and a well stocked bar.

Comment

Yeah I checked out their website, looks great and cheap, too.

Comment

Working...
              X