Bertucci's - Boston Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bertucci's - Boston Area

Hey All - I had the misfortune of being up in Boston for 3 days last week to see my dad through some surgery and visit family...but of course we made time for pizza.

Bertucci's is a chain pizzeria that is all over Massachusetts and the northeast. I've never seen them down south...not sure why. They have a pretty big menu, and they advertise brick oven pizza. My brother and I went to one location (not even sure where!!)...and they actually had several brick ovens - and they were actually burning wood!! Hurrah! NO gas flames. The crust had nice char marks but the sauce was a little sweet for me. We had one called a "sporkie" which is sausage, tomato, mozz, riccotta. It wasn't fior di latte - but I would definitely recommend Bertucci's if you need a quick fix. Much better than a lot of other places I've had with that awful gas flame.

The only fugazi element - they were rolling dough with a pin!!

Re: Bertucci's - Boston Area

Bertucci's was my absolute favorite when I was in Boston, particularly the sporkie. That was my first exposure to real brick oven pizza. The ricotta cheese is a nice addition on many of their pizzas.
    Keller TX
    Artigiano 39"
    former Phoenix resident and Pizzeria Bianco fan
    www.leanblog.org
    http://mypizzaoven.blogspot.com

sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X