Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good brick oven Italian pizza in Houston, Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good brick oven Italian pizza in Houston, Texas?

Anyone know of a good authentic place here in Houston? Until I get my oven built, I am always searching.

Re: Good brick oven Italian pizza in Houston, Texas?

Authentic pizza is difficult to come by in Houston. If you'd settle for good pizza I'd say either NY Pizzeria in Midtown, or Fuzzy's Pizza on Westheimer. I haven't been to Fuzzy's in years, so I'm not sure if the pizza is the same. Star pizza gets rated high, but I don't like it at all...the crust tastes like cardboard. Barry's Pizza also gets rated well, but I've never been. If you find anywhere else be sure to post it. Thanks!
    Oven Progress
    Bread Photos
    Oven Stand Thread

Comment

Yeah, I have to agree that Houston is pitiful as far as pizza is concerned. I have checked out Fuzzy's but was not impressesed. It is ok for the uninformed and uninitiated peasants, but not anywhere near authentic Italian. There is a place I have heard of near Rice village, Domincio's or something like that. Maybe I will try there or the NY place you suggested. Thanks and good eating!

Comment

Ciros is not to bad, just east of Memorial City Mall on Katy Freeway. They moved that beast of an oven when they moved across the Freeway. My wife told me about one in Montrose, I'll see if I can get the name.

Comment

I've not been...but I've heard that Pulcinella is authentic. The guys seems to have been trained by Enzo in Naples...

www.mypulcinella.com

Pulcinella
          6455 S. Fry Rd #100
          Katy, TX 77494
          Phone: 281 347 4992
          Fax: 281 347 4755

Comment

Working...
          X