Sebastian's (L.A.) on "Kitchen Nightmares"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sebastian's (L.A.) on "Kitchen Nightmares"

Did anyone else see the Kitchen Nightmares episode with the restaurant in L.A. that had two wood burning ovens JUST FOR SHOW?? It was a complete mess, as I blogged about here.
    Keller TX
    Artigiano 39"
    former Phoenix resident and Pizzeria Bianco fan
    www.leanblog.org
    http://mypizzaoven.blogspot.com

sigpic

Re: Sebastian's (L.A.) on "Kitchen Nightmares"

I saw that. ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE! What a waste. What's worse, I looked at their web site and the menu looks like a merger of the old and the new.

"sexy pizza"

Comment

Brian, if you're there in L.A., you have to check it out first hand for us pizza snobs.

Yeah, seeing the menu, his blessed "gourmet flavor combinations" are back. It seemed like Ramsay was this close to walking out on him, since his efforts were going to be rolled back.

Here's the conversation between Sabastian and Gordon, basically:

S: I have this concept, the flavor combinations
      G: It confuses the customers, they're awful
      S: But it's unique
      G: But it sucks
      S: You don't understand, it's unique, it's mine
      G: But, really, they suck
      S: This is something nobody else has

I've often said, if NOBODY else is doing what you're doing, you're either a genius or a moron. I think this guy fell into the moron category!!
      Keller TX
      Artigiano 39"
      former Phoenix resident and Pizzeria Bianco fan
      www.leanblog.org
      http://mypizzaoven.blogspot.com

sigpic

Comment

Any one ever eat there? If so, Is the pizza any good?

Comment

Originally posted by pizzanj View Post
          Any one ever eat there? If so, Is the pizza any good?
          I'd go (as a favor to you guys) but I'm not "in the industry" and might have a difficult time getting a reservation.

Comment

Originally posted by mgraban View Post
            Brian, if you're there in L.A., you have to check it out first hand for us pizza snobs.
            The situation is worst than you think. He's located in Toluca Lake -- adjacent to several TV and movie studios; I'm located about 8 miles west. I certainly am located close enough to run the errand, but I might be a bigger snob than all of you folks put together -- I only eat pizza I make, or from a little hole-in-the-wall in my neighborhood. My rule: don't eat pizza, chinese food or barbeque at a fancy restaurant... or at a restaurant pretending to be fancy!

Comment

Not to sound crass or anything, but if half the things on that episode were accurate, [which they seemed to be] then Sebastian had better hope his acting credentials carry him through!

I have to be honest, on our worst day I think most of us can make a more appetizing product than a microwave frozen dough pizza!
              Last edited by FigliodiMariaeGiovanni; 09-22-2008, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X