The Chicken Shack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chicken Shack

...well that's what our friends called it...I'll get the real name when we add the wood fired pictures.

This was a cool wood fired grill place that had three large vertical grills with racks of wood burning coals and spits of rotisserie chickens turning in front of them. They also had another two vertical wood fired grills for other meats.

Chickens, rabbit, lamb, tenderloin, mixed grilled meats......and hand cut potatoes! What a place. Juicy herbed chicken was the house speciality!

They took us 'case of the WFO connection
    ...we'll go back to get pictures too!

XJ
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Re: The Chicken Shack

Sounds like a place I used to stop by on my way home in Sicily. Almost a cave of a place, they had a big rotisserie going out front with 30 or so birds on it. Inside, if you chose to venture that far, they had a hot bar with potatoes and various breaded Sicilian dishes to accompany your rotis bird.

I'd park on the side of the road under a big Eucalyptus, and the owner, five foot nothin', unshaved and no teeth would come out and give me a death hug from hell. His wife, four-and-a-half feet tall would kiss me and wildly gesticulate, drawing me insie that cave of a shop to show me all they'd made that day for my evening gastronomic pleasure.

They were wonderful! I miss the heck out of them and their birds. For the life of me, I can't recreate their recipe......

Anyone got a good stuffing for a rotis chicken? They used garlic, onion, olives, olio d' oliva (of course). They were awesome birds!
    GJBingham
    -----------------------------------
    Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Re: The Chicken Shack

George, we salt and pepper the inside, add a little olive oil, some rosemary/thyme/sage and a whole lemon, rolled and pierced....and get that sucker spinning.

It's not really a stuffing, more flavoring and moisturizer....was what you had an actual stuffiing type thing?
      sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

Working...
      X