Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West First, Hendersonville, NC Real Gem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West First, Hendersonville, NC Real Gem!

Last night my wife and I picked up our 3 adult chhildren from the Asheville,NC airport. We went into Hendersonville to get an early dinner. My son spotted the West First Wood Fired Pizza Restaurant just off main street. We saw a beautiful 3 story gutted brick building with old wood floors and lots of stainless steel. The south wall had a 3 story stack coming up from the beautiful Tuscan oven, the owner told me his friend built it. This is the kind of restaurant I always wanted. The food was excellent and very serious. We started with warm goat cheese with artichokes and fresh made bread for dipping. We also had Oysters Rockefeller, and a stuffed Portabello mushroom with crabmeat, all made in the oven. The salads were all very good and custom made to order. We choose 3 different pizzas, one with sliced potato and carmel onions,and cheese, just wonderful. The second had wild mushrooms, onions,goat cheese,with a tomato base, also excellent. The third had artichokes, peppers, carmalized onion, and 3 different cheeses, also outstanding.Next time we will try some of the pasta items, they looked very nice. Great place, great food, I wish it was mine. Maybe my son and I will make him and offer. If you are in the area you must go there.
    Do you agree with my evaluation of this restaurant?
    50.00%
    Did you like my post?
    50.00%

Re: West First, Hendersonville, NC Real Gem!

I am glad to see that civilization has reached North Carolina! (just kidding! - I lived in NC for 17 years). I was on a plane back in 1985 flying from NYC to Charlotte. Two guys in the seat in front of me were talking about pizza restaurants. The first guy (obviously a New Yorker) asked the second guy (obviously a Southern good ol' bay) if there were any good Italian restaurants in Charlotte. The Southerner said, yes, the Pizza Hut on Independence Blvd.! Now if the discussion was about barbeque...

I'll have to try the place next time I am Back East / Down South. Thanks for the lead.
    Ed

Comment

Re: West First, Hendersonville, NC Real Gem!

Hi, Thanks for the reply, I am sure Monterey Bay has some great restaurants also. I was looking this kind of place since I moved here. I think you will like it. Best Wishes Cleveland Joohnny.

Comment

Working...
      X