Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campania Pizza - Dallas and Southlake

OK this is kind of a shameless plug.

I've had a wood oven for about 2 years now at home, but my wife and I just invested in a pizza restaurant in the Dallas area. The first restaurant just has deck ovens - but uses caputo flour and almost all italian ingredients. The guys that actually make the pizza (Gino and Luciano) are both from Naples, Italy.

We are starting construction on the second restaurant that is going to have 2 wood ovens. It is going to be located in this very cool upscale shopping area called Southlake Town Square and we will even have a rooftop patio with olive trees!

I have put up a temporary website at www.campaniapizza.com and we have a link to our sad MySpace page. We are working with a graphic designer for the real site - but "coming soon" signs are up and we wanted to start building awareness for our second site. Please stop by and check it out...and if you are coming to Dallas in November, let me know and I'll reserve you a VIP table!!

Jay

We've seen the location there in Southlake and can't wait for the opening!
    Keller TX
    Artigiano 39"
    former Phoenix resident and Pizzeria Bianco fan
    www.leanblog.org
    http://mypizzaoven.blogspot.com

sigpic

Comment

Great site.

Good luck Jay! The hard work always pays off.
      That's a beautiful looking pizza. I'm hungry....
      Joseph
      The Fire Within
      Do you put any berries ontop of your desert pizza?

Comment

Southlake

Jay,

Keep the shameless plugs coming. Congrats. Wish I lived closer to Dallas.

Jim
        "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Campania Pizza

Hey all...we are finally getting started with the actual digging! We are shooting for a late January opening. We will probably do a few soft openings prior to opening "for real" to work out the kinks. If anyone is in the DFW area and would be interested in being a guinea pig for any of our pre-opening events, send an email to info@campaniapizza.com so I can make sure you are on the list for such things.

We are definitely planning on doing a mobile oven with The Fire Within as well...I can't wait to get this thing going.

I am also working on getting a video of the rotating wood oven. As soon as I get it I will post it on YouTube or my woodoven site, whichever is easier.

I worked last week in our existing restaurant making dough and pizzas. I experimented with a couple of different dessert pizzas. I did the one James recommended with berries, marscapone, etc. I didn't have lemon dough handy though. It was still really good though and some unsuspecting customers gave it a thumbs up. I also did pear, brie and brown sugar - that one was a very big hit.

We don't have wood ovens at our first site - so it is kind of funny cooking pizza in the brick deck ovens. You just kind of throw the pizzas in and forget them. Where's the challenge in that!!???

Comment

Re: Campania Pizza - Dallas and Southlake

Congratulations Jay! My wife and I frequent STS almost weekly and will certainly stop in. I've sent email to Campania to get on the guinea pig list!

Comment

Jay,

Well done. You have survived death by duck bites. Wish I was closer; I'd love to be a guinea pig at the new place. I should say good luck, but you won't need it. Still working on the enterprises you helped me with.

Cheers and congrats,

Jim

Comment

Hi All - we have the new version of our Campania Pizza website live at www.campaniapizza.com . I just do not know how anyone can live without the greatness of a Mac and iLife.

We are working on setting up online ordering for our local restaurants so people can order via pc. Pretty slick in that orders go directly to a kitchen printer for pickup or delivery. It will really help us with lunch business and offices. It is with a Dallas company called Resercom and I'm not sure they do anything outside this area. I also read about another service called FEED that lets people pay via cell phone that is in the Boulder area now which sounds cool...Joseph from Fire Within, have you seen it??

We will also be able, once live, to ship any of our imported Italian foods - we have great fresh pasta, olive oil, balsamic, jams, jellies, etc. We also have prosciutto, mortadella, red cow parmesan, pecorino romano, etc. but I have no idea if we could ship that stuff. It all comes directly from the producers in Italy. We won't be selling caputo or san marzanos or anything like that.

Anyway, check out the site and let me know what you think...

Jay

www.campaniapizza.com

Comment

Campania Pizza - Dallas and Southlake

Good News...

In the latest issue of D Magazine...their "Best Of" issue...

Campania was named Best Neapolitan Pie!!! You can see the link at D Magazine

And this is for our restaurant with deck ovens...wait til we get the wood ovens fired up!

If anyone is heading to Dallas...drop me a line.

Jay

Comment

Congratulations! When does the new store open...not that I am in Dallas, but you never know...
                    My Oven Thread:
                    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Campania got a plug on a local Dallas blog...getting some good recognition from the local "foodie" community

Eats: Olivella's or Campania?

Comment

Congratulations! It has to be a lot of work, but what a job to have! If I ever get done with my own oven project I'll have to consider a road trip to try your pizza's. It's great to follow your progress.
                        Mike
                        "The road of excess leads to the Palace of Wisdom."

Comment

Thanks! This second location has truly been awful to try and get open...code issues, elevator issues, 30 days of rain, too many partners...uggh. Going from a 1900sf neighborhood joint to a 6000sf flagship has been a killer.

But guess what...I'm already looking for my third location for late 2008!

Comment

Jay,

Congratulations seconded. If anyone deserves it, you do. ANOTHER location? You are a brave man.

Jim

Comment

The December issue of Pizza Today has a one page Q&A with our own Jay Jerrier. Well done.

J W

Comment

Working...
                              X