Arizona Pizza - Estero, FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona Pizza - Estero, FL

Hey all...spent the weekend in Naples, FL (well actually Estero, but its close). There is a new restaurant that opened 2 weeks ago called Arizona Pizza (www.arizonapizza.com). My wife and I ate there before we caught our flight...it was about 1.30pm and it was PACKED!!

They had a big Woodstone oven where they were actually burning logs, not gas - although they had the pile of wood burning at the back of the oven and not the side, and it wasn't really burning, just glowing - so no good flames.

It is kind of a franchise place, and as long as you go in knowing that, you probably won't be disappointed. I had a cheesesteak pizza that was good and my bride had a hawaiian pizza (yuck) that wasn't so good. They use a TON of cheese "mozzarella/cheddar" mix??? The crust had some good charring on it, but it was just OK. The funny thing was that one side of my pizza was cooked well, the other not so much - they need some rotation help! But they were only open 2 weeks so what can you do...everyone there was really nice and the GM came around to every table to introduce himself.

The bottom line is that it was a lot better than dominos/papa johns - but didn't really take advantage of the oven.

What is encouraging is that half the town was lining up for mediocre pizza - a very good sign as we look towards opening our restaurant in November in Dallas. Just got the plans finalized with the architect...2 giant ovens, seating around 200+, wine bar, fire place, rooftop lounge. Very very cool.

Jay

Hey Jay,

Flying around the country trying out wood-fired pizzerias as a tax deduction. Now that's a job!

Good luck with all the details moving forward toward the opening.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
    X