Los Angeles Area - Meet and Eat lunch at Little Dom's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los Angeles Area - Meet and Eat lunch at Little Dom's

Who would be interested in a meet and eat lunch at Little Dom's? Say on Feb 2nd at 11am.

Chris

Re: Los Angeles Area - Meet and Eat lunch at Little Dom's

Thank you for the invite Chris but I'm sorry I'm going to have to pass. Little Dom's is very close from where I live but I've never been there. I would like to check this place out one of these days....
    George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

No worries, I proposed the date and time mostly because I hate the, "what's the best time for all of us" syndrome. I'll be over there at abour 11am Feb 2, just to see what they do and what I can learn from them.. Oh yea, and to eat well.

Chris

Comment

Here is my report on Little Dom’s
        I arrived about noon ordered the breakfast pizza and the Ricotta Gnocchi w/ Tomato, Basil, & Pecorino. The Pizza crust was amazingly thin and cracker like at the outer edge. How in the holy heck do they do that? Well, we asked to go into the kitchen to check out the oven and that was fine. The dough looks about like what I’m doing, maybe a bit less hydration than my dough. The chef worked the dough into a small 5” round and then dropped it in a container of flour, shook it off and continued to work the dough off the counter, vertically, by hand. Working the edge round and round until the center looked like wax paper in places. Then he placed the dough on the peel to add the sauce. I don’t know how many pizzas I’d screw up if I did it this way. I wonder if some advantage of working vertical is that when you place the finished pizza blank on the floured peel you know that you’re going to have just what flour you want underneath to facilitate sliding the pizza into the oven. Anyway, the Pizza with Sunnyside Up Egg, Speck, Mozzarella, & Tomato Sauce was an eye opener. Great sauce, the egg was cooked directly on the pizza and perfect, the speck was lean and not too salty. If I lived in the neighborhood, I’d be there regularly.

Chris

PS: Gnocchi was great too.

Comment

Working...
        X