Pizza Quest and the Forno Bravo Expo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza Quest and the Forno Bravo Expo!

We?re starting to get things rolling here, with plans to post a whole new series of video webisodes, beginning Sept. 1st (the first series featuring an interview with Peppe Miele, the king of the VPN ? Vera Pizza Napoletana), and regular posts from me, Brad, and our guest columnists.
    In the meantime, here?s a link to a fun and inspirational interview with Noel Brohner, a self-taught, one-time home pizza maker who is now a rising star pro in Santa Monica, CA, by our friend Adam Cuban at Serious Eats. For anyone who aspires to pizza greatness, here?s how one guy made it happen:http://slice.seriouseats.com/archive...pizza-pro.html
    But, the big news is that the Forno Bravo Expo is now officially happening, on September 19th and 20th in Salinas, CA, at Talbott Vineyards. It?s open to the public,and it?s free! (but you need to register in advance, see below), and will include some great demonstrations and tastings. I?ll be there along with the Pizza Quest team and an all star program of guest chefs. My producer and Pizza Quest partner Brad English is coming up from LA; I?m flying in from Charlotte; John Arena, owner of Metro Pizza and a regular columnist here on PQ is coming in from Las Vegas. Chef Todd Fisher (of the famous Tarpey?s Roadhouse, and voted as Monterey?s Favorite Chef), champion baker Nicky Giusto, who will be representing the United States at the upcoming Coupe du Monde World Championship of Bread (showing us his unique sprouted grain pizza crust as well as one of his signature breads), and noted cookbook author, culinary blogger, and cooking teacher Brigit Binns will all be there too. There will also be a mobile Forno Bravo wood-fired oven (fabricated by The Fire Within), from Stella Pizza, cranking out free pizza for everyone. Brad and I are going to demonstrate, among the other surprises we have planned, how to make the fabulous oven roasted spicy seafood pizza that we recently featured here on Pizza Quest (https://www.fornobravo.com/pizzaques...seafood-pizza/).
    Here is the info for the Expo; don?t forget to register, and I hope you can make it.To register, go to www.fornobravoexpo.eventbrite.com The festivities begin on Saturday (Sept. 19) from 11 AM till 4 PM, and continue on Sunday from 11 AM till 2 PM. Talbott Vineyards is located at 1380 River Rd. Salinas, CA.
    Keep checking back for new posts and updates and, of course, the new series of webisodes, starting soon. Lots of exciting things ahead?.

I'm still coming up to speed on how it all works between my PizzaQuest posts and the Forum. That said, I will try to check back here on the Forum more often now that I'm getting better with the technology.

Comment

Ooops, still a rookie I guess. Can somebody tell me the difference between a "serf"and a "laborer"? I'll check with the team at Forno Bravo, of course, so I guess I'm still on a learning curve and, obviously, way behind everyone else. I'll get there eventually....

Comment

Originally posted by Peterreinhart View Post
        Ooops, still a rookie I guess. Can somebody tell me the difference between a "serf"and a "laborer"? I'll check with the team at Forno Bravo, of course, so I guess I'm still on a learning curve and, obviously, way behind everyone else. I'll get there eventually....

-0 postings, Serf. You have to register to join, and you owe us half your crops. You also can't post a URL until your 5th posting (Spam aversion).
        - 25 postings, Peasant. You can keep all of your crops, but you owe us half the retained heat in your oven.
        - 50 postings, Laborer. You get to mix the concrete.
        - 100 postings, Apprentice. You get to cut the bricks.
        - 250 postings, Journeyman..................

That was the old rankings. They were automatically updated. I don't think that is the case now. I wouldn't put too much store in those rankings. Some of us just hung around a little longer after we finished our builds . It is great to see you and your great food on the forum . I thought that you had more posts than that.
        Last edited by Gulf; 08-30-2015, 12:49 PM.
        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Working...
        X