Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Pizza Stone

Hi Guys

I have recently been given a pizza stone as I love pizza especially the thin crust, new york italian style.

I wondered if anyone had any tips on which dough to make and anything to think about with regards to the stone before I take my first pizza making venture this weekend!

Thanks

Tania

Re: Newbie Pizza Stone

Ausie to US translation - griller = broiler

Chip
    Chip

Comment

It has been our experience that the broiler just can't keep up with a thoroughly heated pizza stone. The bottom burns before the top is done as the pizza stone transfers heat so effectively. So, we preheat the oven to 450 with the stone on the bottom rack. We put the pizza on a tray on the top rack to cook. When the top is mostly done transfer the pizza to the stone to finish the crust. Very good results so far. Btw, be sure you preheat the oven for 45 minutes or so to saturate the stone.

This for making American style medium thick pies.
      Last edited by Sparky005s; 10-07-2011, 07:17 PM.

Comment

That's the thing. Each oven, stone and pizza prep is different. If at first you don't succeed, bake another pizza!

Comment

I don't think your thermometer is faulty, boiling temp is linked to altitude. 100 degrees is at exactly see level.

Comment

Working...
          X