X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RandyJ
    replied
    Re: My favorite pizza from my stone

Ok that is what it is as I stretch mine all the way to the edge. I normally go for very thin and stretch the dough to around 13" round so I have a farely thin edge. Next time I might have to try your style.

Randy

Leave a comment:

• Giggliato
    replied

It's a fairly thin crust pizza. I don't touch the edges though when I stretch which helps with the rise.

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied

Wow that is a good looking pie. How thin are you streaching your dough? I have never gotten crust with that much rise. Very nice

Randy

Leave a comment:

• Giggliato
    replied

Fresh ingredients are important of course. Canned tomatoes in the off season. But they are pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• TropicalCoasting
    replied

The base is massively important but what's on top?

Leave a comment:

• SableSprings
    replied

Originally posted by Giggliato View Post
    Hello there,

These pizzas tasted very good. I'm going to be using King Arthur's unbleached bread flour for the foreseeable future.
    I also love the King Arthur products, but give Gold Medal Better for Bread flour a test run. We did a taste test a couple of years ago using the very high gluten All-Trumps, King Arthur's bread flour and Gold Medal's Better for Bread flour for the pizza dough and the Better for Bread won. (Note that there were no left-overs in the tasting, they were all greedily consumed.)

In my humble opinion, the real "secret" to great pizza dough is to use a lower protein/gluten "quality flour" (either King Arthur or Gold Medal), a smaller amount of yeast, and an overnight ferment in the refrigerator.

Leave a comment:

• Giggliato
    replied

Recently I decided to increase the amount of yeast in my dough formula. I also bought some semi local high gluten flour. I think I have a new favorite pizza! It is definitely hard to describe the taste of pizza to another but I will say that this had that melt in your mouth type of taste.

Leave a comment:

• BradPQ
    replied

Send photos! Email them and tell me about your pizzas.

brad@pizzaquest.com

Leave a comment:

• Giggliato
    replied

Thanks for looking at the pizzas! For some reason I thought that a high gluten flour was needed for pizza, but apparently that is only for the NY style pizza. I am going to be using a blend of cake flour and all purpose now... Hopefully my pizzas become even better!!

Leave a comment:

• BradPQ
    replied

By the way Giggliato - those look great! Email me!

Leave a comment:

• BradPQ
    replied

Favorite? Well that's a tough one. Come visit Pizza Quest and check out some of my pizzas. I'd love you guys to write me and send me info and I'll be happy to post your pizza photos and recipes (with a little story) on our site! It's a lot of pressure being the sole Pizza Quest at Home Pizzaiolo at Large!

I use a two stone method. I have one of James' Forno Bravo Stones on the bottom and an el cheapo on top - the 3rd one that just broke! Gotta get a 2nd Forno Bravo!

Brad

Leave a comment:

• Giggliato
    replied

Yes, I also try 1/16th a teaspoon with a 12-24 hour proof.

Leave a comment:

• Giggliato
    replied

500 grams flour
    330 grams water
    about 2 teaspoons of salt
    around 1/4 teaspoon yeast

I mix the dough with one had for about a minute in the bowl then let it sit for about ten minutes, then a few minutes of 1/4 turn folds on the counter.

I usually cut the dough ball into three pieces, shape them and then let them sit for about 6 hours, then I turn my oven on, reshape the balls and...

Leave a comment:

• Giggliato
    started a topic My favorite pizza from my stone

My favorite pizza from my stone

Hello there,

These pizzas tasted very good. I'm going to be using King Arthur's unbleached bread flour for the foreseeable future.
Working...
X