Result of Pizza recipe changes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Result of Pizza recipe changes?

Yes, but isn't it supposed to use the same dough?

I've checked The Fresh Loaf and remembered that I've already been surfing it some time ago. I've also visited pizzamaking.com.
    But what I've found interesting at fornobravo is that you are friendly and answer easily to my doubts.

Comment

It can, but not always. If you took the pizza dough and rather than stretch it out to a few mm / a 16th of an inch or so as you would for pizza, you let the dough thickness be 1cm / 1/2 and inch or more then you'll have foccacia. The definition of pizza varies so widely that pizza is really a family of foods rather than a specific food. For instance;
      Chicago pan pizza is more like a pie and needs baking for 30 minutes to heat and cook the pie.
      Naples and New York style is very thin crust and cooking takes somewhere between 60 and 120 seconds. The ovens that are usually used for this type of pizza is somewhere around 700F to 900F or 370C to 480C.
      The foccacia would cook somewhere about 200 to 250C, it needs these lowered temps to cook the bread fully.

For thin crust pizza high temps are ideal but not manditory.

Pizzamaking.com is another good resource to take a look at, but I agree that many folks here are very helpfull.

Chris

Comment

I'm glad to see I'm not the only freaky guy that asks so many questions.

Another guy made the same question about oil, egg and milk:
        Oil, sugar, milk, what are effects of adding to dough recipe?

So, now I think I have enough information I need to practise and decide if I prefer to use 00 Coputo flour or high gluten+semolina.
        I think you prefer the 00?

At the beginning I said I like crispy pizzas but I've also tried too crispy ones. They are too dry and they break when you hold them.

Comment

Please read the first paragraph:
          Survey Data on Acrylamide in Food: Total Diet Study Results

Comment

The Pizza numbers don't look so bad on review, but what the research calls pizza and what most around here call pizza are very different animals. Everything in moderation and a cheese pizza a night isn't really moderation.

Enjoy

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by wotavidone
              Hola Skan,
              I read the link on the FDA Acrylamide survey.
              I am pleased to present my conclusions from my comprehensive study of the results:

Pizza is better for you than
              Cookies
              Black Olives
              Crackers
              Cereal
              Bread
              Sunflower seeds (that good 'ol health food staple of hippies everywhere )
              Peanuts ans Peanut Butter
              Wholewheat Bread
              Bread
              Prune Juice
              Potato Chips and French Fries
              Chili con Carne

Shout it to the rooftops bro' - PIZZA IS HEALTH FOOD
              I didn't mean that pizza is less healthy than other foods but that pizza baked at low temperature is healthier than pizza baked at very high temperature.
              Though maybe you are right and anyway pizza is healthy because is baked for a very short time.

Comment

Originally posted by wotavidone
                I'll be leaving the oil out in future.
                Tomorrow I'll try different combinations myself.

Comment

Working...
                X