4 Pizzas in 10 minutes !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Pizzas in 10 minutes !

I went to an Italian Pizza forum and saw this video. Pizza DaiConan G3 Ferrari mod - YouTube
    Interesting thing to watch for sure. What do you think?

Re: 4 Pizzas in 10 minutes !

The music was annoying, content was boring...what more would you like to know?

Comment

Originally posted by Faith In Virginia View Post
      The music was annoying, content was boring...what more would you like to know?
      Ditto. I made it through 1 minute 19 seconds. I also agree with the sound - I went to a Scorpions concert last night, this stuff was painfull to listen to.
      Last edited by Les; 06-09-2012, 10:21 PM.
      Check out my pictures here:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Scorpions concert??? Showing your age Les. How cool!!! Wish I was there. Darn...just showed my age as well.

How was the concert?

Comment

Originally posted by Faith In Virginia View Post
          Scorpions concert??? Showing your age Les. How cool!!! Wish I was there. Darn...just showed my age as well.

How was the concert?
          Surprisingly the ages were all across the board. There were 5 and 7 year olds in front of us with their parents. I've seen the Scorp's 3 times now and this was the best show by far. They had monitors top to bottom that saturated the stage with color or video - was pretty cool. And Klaus is still hitting the notes, which is incredible for his age and notes that he hits. They say this is the last tour (Final Sting Tour). But the Stones told me that in 1982
          Last edited by Les; 06-09-2012, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Turn the music off and watch the method. That was the interesting part. The way he handled the dough etc. BTW. This isn't a music forum.

Comment

burntfingers

I tuned out the music, and watched some of the video too. I did see one little dough handling technique I'll try next time, thanks.
              Lee B.
              DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by BurntFingers View Post
                I went to an Italian Pizza forum and saw this video. Pizza DaiConan G3 Ferrari mod - YouTube
                Interesting thing to watch for sure. What do you think?
                It came from La Confraternita della Pizza It was interesting to see his method.
                When I fire up our oven I always look for more efficient methods of making pizza. The Neapolitan style has always interested me. Although I love making NY style pizza in the true American tradition. When we have folks over it is not unusual to make between 20 and 40 Pizze (that's the plural Italian form of the word Pizza). Knowing different methods is always good to improve one's craft. That was the reason I shared the video, not for the music or the condition of the kitchen.
                Typically, if we do a pizza lunch we often bake bread later in the day with the left over heat. If the party goes into the night then it is for the next day. A little tune up fire in the morning as we proof the loaves (often up to 16 at pop).

Comment

Sorry Burntfingers. I just did not find the content that interesting. There are thousands of videos out there that are more informative if your looking for other ways to handle your dough.

My opinion it looked like an advertisement (how to use) the pizza cooker he had on the stove. As far as his dough handling it appeared he was quite timid with the dough and lacked the confidence of other videos that I have seen.

Just my opinion, but that is what you asked for?

Comment

I learn something from everyone that has something to offer. What is your method? Can you recommend some videos on line that might be of interest to pick up new technique? I am especially interested in watching certified pizzaiolo working their craft. After all that is where it was invented and is almost considered a DOCG product.

Comment

My method is somewhat similar to the video that you pointed out. I typically do a sourdough dough and it's handling is a bit different. It is a very tender dough. So I start off the same but while the dough is no so stretched I start my edges using my thumbs in the same method as using the back of your hands. I set my crust thickness first then do a stretch using the back of my hands. I also use a bit of a cheat... I put a bright light behind my dough as I work it. The lights over my counter are bright so as I stretch the dough in my hands I can use the light to see if I have any thick or thin spots in my dough. Then I can work them more even. But like I said my sourdough is a bit trickier to get right.

As far as videos hit Utube and start surfing. There are just so many and you can be a quick judge as to what you think is cool. I should make a video on my process. The problem is I am not comfortable with a camera on me. Let's just say I have a radio personality.

None the less I will try and find some that I think are impressive and give you a link. Problem is I tend to get distracted and focus on other aspects of pizza making. One that comes to mind Flying Pizza with Tony Gemignani

enjoy and let me know what you think.

Comment

Here is a link to one guy's method (a repeat for some).

How to make a Pizza Hut style pan pizza recipe! - YouTube

Comment

I got a few laughs from that one. The one thing that caught my eye was that portable scale that he pulled from his pocket. I wonder what you need a scale of that size for??? Hmmmmmm.

Comment

Faith in VA,
                            Thanks for the insight on your method. It sounds very familiar. I watched the video you recommended and picked up some technique from it that I will try the next time I fire up.

I work outside under natural lighting. The only time I use light is in the winter when I toss up the pizza indoors and fire them outside. Window paneing the dough is a good trick, thanks.
                            We use 00 Pizzaria flour from Caputo in the 25 kg blue bags for pizza and a variety of flours for our breads. Sometimes the Caputo in the red 25 kg bag and other times Gold Medal unbleached bread flour. The leavening we use is from Ischia.
                            We've taken the Artisan Bread Course at CIA in NYS, a variety of courses at the Kneading Conference in ME and Stone Turtle WFO School in ME all highly recommended. Lots of great tricks of the trade from each of them.
                            2012 Kneading Conference | The Kneading Conference
                            Stone Turtle Baking and Cooking School in Lyman, Maine 04002. Learn to bake and cook in paradise.
                            Welcome to the world's premier culinary college in New York-The Culinary Institute of America

Happy baking

Comment

Faith in VA,
                              Thanks for the insight on your method. It sounds very familiar. I watched the video you recommended and picked up some technique from it that I will try the next time I fire up.

I work outside under natural lighting. The only time I use light is in the winter when I toss up the pizza indoors and fire them outside. Window paneing the dough is a good trick, thanks.
                              We use 00 Pizzaria flour from Caputo in the 25 kg blue bags for pizza and a variety of flours for our breads. Sometimes the Caputo in the red 25 kg bag and other times Gold Medal unbleached bread flour. The leavening we use is from Ischia.
                              We've taken the Artisan Bread Course at CIA in NYS, a variety of courses at the Kneading Conference in ME and Stone Turtle WFO School in ME all highly recommended. Lots of great tricks of the trade from each of them.
                              2012 Kneading Conference | The Kneading Conference
                              Stone Turtle Baking and Cooking School in Lyman, Maine 04002. Learn to bake and cook in paradise.
                              Welcome to the world's premier culinary college in New York-The Culinary Institute of America

Happy baking

Comment

Working...
                              X