Interesting phenomenon using a New York Style Pizza dough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Interesting phenomenon using a New York Style Pizza dough

I regularly cook pizza around 900 degrees...and YES, keep it light and keep it moving (I rotate every 30 seconds for the 90 seconds or so it takes).
    took me a while to get my wife to "lighten up" her pizzas, she likes it thin but loaded with sauce and fixens, after a few stinkers, she got the message. Now we saute some of our toppings in advance and save the heavy sauced pizza for last and go a bit thicker at 700 - 750...works for us.

RT

Comment

I used a pizza stone for a few years. A big heavy one from King Arthur Flour, I believe. I think I occasionally had similar problems, but it always seemed to be a mystery to me as well. I'm pretty sure I used 550 degrees F as a cooking temp. Sometimes they were perfect, sometimes a bit underdone. I'm guessing that since I used the same toppings over and over again, it may have been the quality of the dough that contributes to the problem - a big guess!
      GJBingham
      -----------------------------------
      Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

John Fahle,

I believe this is what Acoma was referring to: The 1-Hour Brick Oven
        Un amico degli amici.

Comment

Thanks Alfredo.
          An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

ya you use olive oil and lightly spread it all around including edges. especially in the middle this helps it to cook thru

Comment

forget what everyone is sayin, you can go as thick as you want just use the olive oil and it will help to cook thru 450 for 15 to 20

Comment

Working...
              X