NEW member buyer poster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW member buyer poster

Just bought the fb stone and peel, hope its as good as it sounds. I have been a lurker as i em a super pizza lover. This also is my 1st post, hope to have 1000s more. Anyone have any, out of the ordinary hints with fb stone differnt then any other stones ? Should i leave stone in oven all the time ?

oops my name is derek btw
    Last edited by Burntroof ofmouth; 09-02-2006, 04:49 PM.

Welcome aboard

We're looking forward to hearing about your many pizzas. If you can, take photos that you can share of your favorites.

A couple of things to think about. First, follow the directions for slowly bringing your stone up to temperature (they're in the box). Second, give your stone as much pre-heat time as you can. A good hour at 550F really gets your stone hot all the way through.

I leave my stone in the oven all the time. It doesn't slow down how quickly your oven heats up by much, and gives you a more consistent heat -- even when you aren't cooking pizza or bread. You have a heat sink in the oven that doesn't cool right down when you open the oven door.

Enjoy.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Thanks i em a pizza fanatic and love every type from frozen supermarket type to anything i can get my hand on in new york Pics gona take some time since i have newborn twins at home and i still dont know how get pics on new puter.

Comment

I hope i can give some help as much as maybe get some i dont knoww how active these forums are

Comment

It's a great group. Jump in with questions and recommendations.
          James
          Pizza Ovens
          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Re: NEW member buyer poster

Been lurking the last few months reqding as much as can inbetween work and my girls , just bought some flour and tomatoes from forno, last few pies i have had probs with the dough so gona try starting up againg making pizzas . I need to look and read lots of the dough and hydration and weights and stuff so many posts

Comment

Working...
            X