Finally got it!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got it!!!

Well after months of dough making, swearing, and head banging...I have finally worked out my dough! Have found a really good flour called Lighthouse Flour that is made by Anchor Foods over here in Fremantle. It is a high pro. strong bakers flour and following the dough instructions on the pizza ebook have got the dough really great! It is super stretchy and has a really great flavour to it, I was so happy when I stretched my first pizza by hand instead of using the rolling pin....and puffed up so much, Im still smiling (still a slow process stretching it, but it is slowly getting better...trying to work out the right style to stretch other than over the knuckles!). Still use the rolling pin when I do choc pizzas for a nice flat crisp base and for people who want a thin, crispy pizza. The only question I have is when I make Calzones, I find that it sticks to the floor of the oven...not too sure why. I find I have to cook it on the peel for a bit then move it to the floor to finsh it off. Does anyone do the same or do you guys have any ideas why this happens??

Cheers
    Scott

Re: Finally got it!!!

I usually use Allied Mills pizza flour, but used some Lighthouse pizza flour the other day, when I visited my sister in another state. It made a very light dough that handled well and cooked beautifully.It is not available here, a pity.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Congrats! Next up: bread!
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
      [/CENTER]

Comment

Have done some bread...and yes, it does seem to bake better when you get some steam going. French sticks and rolls work really well. Going to do a big arse loaf soon...always good fun!

Comment

Working...
        X