Spinach pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinach pizza

It was new to me so I will share. My wife found a pizza that I was skeptical about but we tried it anyway. It was extremely good, drizzle olive oil over bare dough, stack about 2" of raw spinach leaves, add fresh sliced garlic and top with a mound of freshly grated parmesan cheese. We did another drizzle of olive oil over the top. It was a total flavor explosion.

Enjoy.

Re: Spinach pizza

My brother did a similar pizza but in a conventional oven (long before my Pompeii as even planned. It was built with around 2-3" of stacked spinach leaves, some tomatoes, garlic, onion rings and cheeses and was delicious.
    One needs to experiment, I personally can never see my dough base through my toppings which are all cooked through and give a complete meal in one 10" pizza.

Cheers.

Neill
    Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
    Neill’s kitchen underway
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Spinach pizza sounds good. I'm doing this tonight.
      George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

They came out pretty good. I did 3 different variations and they all came out good. I will do this on a pan or screen next time as the spinach & toppings were too loose to handle using a peel.
        Here's one I did where most of the topping stayed put....lol...
        George

My 34" WFO build

Comment

Looks amazing, try it with the grated parm next time. It has a nice nutty/salty kick.

Comment

Originally posted by mn8tr View Post
            Looks amazing, try it with the grated parm next time. It has a nice nutty/salty kick.
            Yes, I also did one with grated parm and had a better taste. In fact, spinach pizza will be included in every pizza session from now on. Thanks!
            George

My 34" WFO build

Comment

Update to this recipe... add some thin strips of pancetta. Oh yea, takes it to a whole other level.

Comment

I made one last night. I wanted to put some diced prosciutto on it, but this was a test pizza for a vegetarian guest I am having this week, so I didn't.

I started with baby spinach and white onion, sliced into slivers, then added Swiss cheese, also slivered, some EVOO and oregano, then added some garden variety Parmesan. I mixed this up in a bowl (pic 1), then par-baked the crust and sauced it with ranch dressing and more Parmesan (pic 2). I let it cook out for about 6 minutes in the 550 degree kitchen oven, then gave it a 2 minute shot of broiler.

Comment

Working...
                X