X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tman1
    replied
    Re: Austrailian Pizza

Here's a link to Pizza Quest about eggs on pizza...

Mother's Day Breakfast Pizzas

Leave a comment:

• C5dad
    replied

wotavidone,

I too work at a smelter and am using fire brick from an oid boiler which tested clean. Being in the Environmental Department helps when getting material for "disposal". Not all refractories are high chromium type. Just get to know the folks in the Waste Group of the environmental department and check the MSDS of the refractories, then chat with your materials group and usually, you can get the stuff out with a "materials pass" or whatever the terminology that your company uses. With bricks weighing in at couple of kilo each, cost avoidance (even with the excellent metal prices) means a cost avoidance - which will make any manager happy!

Heck, I even just found out about a pallet of non-haz refractory cement that our mine inspector found in an old storage shed which is still in really good shape. And since there is always leftover brick from rebricking projects - you get the picture.

Well, gotta run - we are starting Turn Around (30 days) this AM and got to get the notices in and all that fun.

Be Safe!

Leave a comment:

• nissanneill
    replied

Wotavidone,
    there is another forum member also at Port Pirie, "Dickydiedoe" (Richard) who you might contact and liase with for ideas.
    I use to deliver firewood for starting the blast furnaces after relining in the late 1960's, in fact got mt truck licence then. My mate from Wirabarra supplied the smelters with thousands of tons of firewood for well over 40years, so we know it well.

Cheers.

Neill

Leave a comment:

• nissanneill
    replied

Hi wotavidone and welcome aboard,
    I have added you to the ever growing list of Aussies around here contributing.
    Where abouts in SA are you located, Adelaide metro or country?

A very popular pizza in my group of friends was a 4 Seasons with egg and anchovies. Can't remember for sure what was on it, but I think it had, at least, tomato puree, ham, cheese, little green champignon mushrooms, sliced black olives, sliced chilli, pineapple pieces, anchovies and an egg cracked over the top.
    little green champignon mushrooms, doesn't sound real flash to me, a little sus!
    The rest of the pizza sounds appetising and no wonder it was popular.

Cheers.

Neill

Leave a comment:

• dmun
    replied

Will your idea of using a smaller egg at room temperature work in a home oven at 550 degrees?
    At the low temperatures you shouldn't have trouble with a normal sized egg. Should work fine.

Leave a comment:

• BradPQ
    replied

Thanks for the advice on how to get the egg to cook. I've played with that a bit and this seems like good advice. In my upcoming post, I did a fried egg pizza. I took the egg and fried it part of the way - just enough to set the bottom was the idea. I flipped it to make sure it cooked enough in my home oven and it went a little further than I wanted, but was an interesting experiment. Will your idea of using a smaller egg at room temperature work in a home oven at 550 degrees?

Brad

Leave a comment:

• dmun
    replied

An egg on a pizza is very common in France. It takes a bit of doing to do. You can't put it on before you slide the pizza in, or it will just fly. If you ladle it on once the pizza is placed, it tends to be raw by the time the pizza is done at WFO temperatures. The trick is to use a small egg (sold as medium in the US) and to have it at room temperature before you put it on.

That said, it's not one of my favorite toppings.

Leave a comment:

• BradPQ
    replied
    Mozza Egg Pizza

Here is a photo Nancy's egg pizza. Delicious.

Leave a comment:

• BradPQ
    replied

My first egg pizza was in a little Creperie in Victoria BC. It was a bit like a scrambled egg topped pizza with a very thin "Tyrolean" bacon. It was delicious. The chef said that they took a long time finding the balance of time and temperature to get it right. It always stuck with me. I am posting a couple of articles on Pizza Quest in the next week or two about doing a couple of Breakfast Pizzas for my wife for Mother's Day.

While filming at Pizzeria Mozza, Nancy Silverton served an amazing pizza with a runny yolk that she broke and spread around the pizza before serving. The pizza has an Egg, Bacon, Yukon Gold Tomatoes and Bermuda Onions!

Check out my attempts on the website and let me know what else you come up with.

Brad

Leave a comment:

• GrahamG
    replied

I did a pizza (second firing of oven) with italian ham, asparagus and an egg in the middle, it was brilliant. This is something I had once in a UK restaurant and our own was better.

Leave a comment:

• truckiejas
    replied

i had a pizza back in april from a pizza shop in coober pedy a house special that had everything on it including an egg cracked on the center wasnt too bad

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

So its an omelet with a pizza crust..... and who says Ozzies have no taste....

Leave a comment:

• scottz
    replied

The only egg on a pizza I have seen is a breaky pizza. Tomato base, bacon, mushrooms and cheese. About 30 - 45 seconds before you finsh the pizza, take it out and crack an egg in the centre and throw it back in to finsh it off.

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied

Click image for larger version

Name:	aussie pizza.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	458.4 KB
ID:	283629

Hope the quality is readable attached is menu from local pizza shop La Madrina in Manly Brisbane Australia.
    If not to clear, the 4th down on left reads.....

AUSSIE
    Tomato sauce,mozzarella cheese, ham,bacon & egg

How to make it ( yes I delivered pizza when we were young had 2 small kids and no money)

Tomato sauce on base cover with chopped ham and bacon. Break egg into your cupped hand over the pizza let the egg sorta run through your fingers so you get seperate runs of the yolk and white that settle in the bacon and ham. You cover the lot with shredded cheese so it protects the egg...bake to perfection...YUM..ooooooo.......
    Definitly know this pizza is common in NSW and QLD.

regards dave

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Ive never seen egg on pizza.

Another one of them urban myths about Oz?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X