16 inch Neapolitan Style Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 16 inch Neapolitan Style Pizza

Thanks, Tscarborough. I've been really pleased with Caputo 00, but I'll try your blend and see if I can improve my crusts.

Karl

Comment

Have any of you found a difference between IDY or ADY. I used IDY for the first time and the dough seemed more alive to me. At least I got a better oven spring around the cornicione.

I am still getting a bit of a chew on the outer crisp layer of the dough. I am wondering if too much water can toughen the dough? Then again I am forced to bake the pizza for a long time in the oven. By next week I will have the coal oven going and I will be better able to judge the texture.

Comment

I baked a pizza-like object in the home oven just to get some Caputo dough out of the freezer this weekend. It had the approximate consistency of rubber bands.

I think you will have an entirely different experience in a high-heat oven.
        My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Tscarborough, do you use any salt in your dough? I took the sugar out and use IDY, but i'm thinking of adding a little sugar or honey the next time i make dough...

Comment

Just enough to retard the yeast, 1 tsb in 2000g of dough.

Another from this weekend, calabrese and sauteed onions, shallots, and garlic,plus baby portabello mushrooms.

Comment

9:00am and i want to go home and fire up the oven... when we do pizzas, i put all the dough balls and ingredients on the counter and let the guests make thier own... the biggest problem is that they all want to put too many toppings on the pie... i'm going to print this picture and tape it on the cabinet above the counter so they all know what i'm talking about!

Comment

Working...
              X