Proving Pizza Dough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proving Pizza Dough

I have seen some restaurants proving their pizza dough so with my latest batch I popped the dough balls in the oven (heated for 3 mins). Will see how they are looking after about 1.5 hrs. I will leave them on the bench for another few hours after that before I bake them.

Anyone use proving for pizza preparation?
    Last edited by heliman; 10-22-2011, 07:52 PM.
    / Rossco

Re: Proving Pizza Dough

Hi Rosco,
    I have always proved my dough whether summer or winter, in a nice warm place. In winter=time, usually up in the rumpus room where the slow combustion heater is on and in summer, I place around a 1kg dough mix in a large ice cream container, oiled and floured and put in the sunshine.
    Never had any disasters.
    When doubled in size, I divide into balls and again proved but this time in tupperware containers.

Cheers.

Neill
    Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
    Neill’s kitchen underway
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Some feedback on this method.... It produced a very light and pleasant, easy eating, crispy crust - definitely worth doing again in future.
      / Rossco

Comment

Hi Neill - good to hear from you!

Thanks for the info. I usually just leave the balled dough in Tupperware and leave it on the bench. The Perth temps are fairly warm but I found that the oven proofing sped up the process and I was able to use the dough within 3-4 hours as opposed to 5-6 when left on the bench.
        / Rossco

Comment

Working...
        X