Pizza bianco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza bianco

Since my doctor told me that I shouldnt eat cooked tomato I have been quite devastated. Now I have started my quest to search for the perfect non tomato pizza. I started today making a pizza blanco by starting with a thin layer of cream, then adding red onion rings, pine nuts, pecorino cheese ,some mozzarella. after baking I added rocket salad (rucola salad) and some olive oil. I liked this very much but I want more tips on how to make the perfect Pizza Bianco. Waht have you got?

Re: Pizza bianco

Try seafood, especially live mussels and clams.

Comment

And mushrooms.

Also white sauce, asparagus, truffles, and grated hard boiled egg. Pine nuts can work too.

Or fingerling potato (boiled and sliced), bacon, and quail eggs. An elegant breakfast pizza.

Comment

Cant you get mock tomato? you can get mock everything else.
        The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

My favorite tomato free pizza is olive oil and garlic, followed by raw green prawns slice in half down the middle, red onion and feta cheese with just a little tasty grated cheddar on top. When pizza is cooked, remove and dress with a little fresh lime juice and rocket.
          Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

I would think anything you can put into a white lasagna would work as well: ham, chicken, turkey, zucchini, broccoli, eggplant.

You can also make an asian stir-fry pizza using hoisin as the base sauce, your favorite cheese, and topped with green onions,and the meat/seafood of choice (my favs are shrimp or duck, szechuan-style and topped with cilantro).

Comment

I have been playing with adding cold ingredients on my pizza to finish it after it comes out of the oven. I recently added some hand crushed tomatoes on to top the pizza. It was delicious and it was not cooked tomato. So, don't give up on the tomato fully. Just make sure to get some good ones worth using.

I'm dying for you guys to send me photos and recipes for the Pizza Quest site. Make up some of these and send along your recipe, maybe some background about it and I'll try to post it up on the site.

Comment

Oops.

Send to brad@pizzaquest.com

Comment

Working...
                X